Local IP Address?

FloridaGary
Go to solution Solved by Javi,

• Solution

The app is trying to use Local Connection Settings.  This is a manual override setting as Local Connections are not setup by default. 

Was this error automatically shown on the on the Home Screen or trying to issue a specific command?  If automatically shown on Home Screen Continue.

Go to Settings Tab > Systems

Do you have more than one System listed?

Select the system named home "Home"

Expand Local Connection Settings.  

Is there a Local IP Address?

Is "Only use Local Connection" enabled?

1 hour ago, Javi said:

Go to Settings Tab > Systems

Do you have more than one System listed? - No

Select the system named home "Home"

Expand Local Connection Settings.  

Is there a Local IP Address? - Yes

Is "Only use Local Connection" enabled? - No

Answers to your questions are listed above. It’s not accepting my user ID and/or Password. No issues connecting when disconnected from WiFi. 

22 minutes ago, FloridaGary said:

Answers to your questions are listed above. It’s not accepting my user ID and/or Password. No issues connecting when disconnected from WiFi. 

Do you receive an error message,? If so please post the message or screenshot.

The Local Connection Settings require the local credentials, not portal credentials.  After these are entered use the test button at the bottom of the Local Connection Settings to test the connection. Please post error message if not successful.

Note that Local Connection Settings override default settings, so the IP Address should be reserved in your router or it may change. 

To use the apps default settings Only Use Local Connection must be unchecked and all System Network Relations must be removed.

@Javi Now that my mobile issue is resolved, I decided to update Polisy to 5.6.4. When opening the IOX Finder, Polisy shows up but then an error box appears that says “Not Found” although it is listed correctly. I click on OK and a 2nd Polisy shows up with the correct uuid, but with a local Polisy url. How do I delete it?

Edited by FloridaGary
38 minutes ago, FloridaGary said:

@Javi Now that my mobile issue is resolved, I decided to update Polisy to 5.6.4. When opening the IOX Finder, Polisy shows up but then an error box appears that says “Not Found” although it is listed correctly. I click on OK and a 2nd Polisy shows up with the correct uuid, but with a local Polisy url. How do I delete it?

If it is the same UUID with a .local url then it is just another way to connect to the same system locally. Either URL can be used.  UD Mobile will also show both when using the local finder  next to Local Connection Settings > Local IP Address.

Some network (router) settings and/or operating system may prevent one of the URLs from being shown or responding to a network request.  

• Like 1