PG3 Kasa TP-Link Node Server 3.1.4

39 minutes ago, Merlin said:

So it seems like I need to do an upgrade packages to get udx-3.5.4_2; though that may also move me to 5.7.1_07 which folks are reporting as buggy. Is that just the way it's done, or is there a way we can upgrade specific packages? Does it make sense to do so?

It’s all in one update process. I’m not sure if UDI pulled the IoX update that had an issue or if it’s still being worked on. Might be worth opening a ticket to ask directly. Otherwise, if not mission critical to have this node server running now you could wait until UDI makes a release announcement or updates on the issues. 

11 minutes ago, Geddy said:

It’s all in one update process. I’m not sure if UDI pulled the IoX update that had an issue or if it’s still being worked on. Might be worth opening a ticket to ask directly. Otherwise, if not mission critical to have this node server running now you could wait until UDI makes a release announcement or updates on the issues. 

Yeah, 3.1.2 is working fine for me. So I'm not super worried about it. Being new to the ecosystem, I'm mostly trying to follow along with the updates and learn as much as I can along the way. I can wait for the official IoX-5.7.2 upgrade or whatever the next one is.

As a software developer myself, it is just weird that there isn't a "beta" update channel or something separate from release so people don't get releases that are still in development.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I just upgraded to EISY and Kasa is one of the first node servers I have installed, although I had WeatherLink running on Raspberry Pi earlier.  I have been having similar problems as above with the HS300 power strip, with the admin console showing Kasa connected, but no nodes appeared. I have Iox 5.7.1, Kasa 3.1.4, PG3x 3.2..16, udx ?.? (don't know where to find that one). I finally installed the Dev packages, reinstalled Kasa node server, restarted everything, and the power strip appeared in the admin console, so now it is working fine.  Thanks for all the background and answered queries above. 

On 12/21/2023 at 2:43 PM, leonpc said:

I have updated IoX to the latest and then restarted the eisy. After that I updated the Kasa module to  v3.1.4.. I now am getting an error during startup that discovery is not working.  Eventhough the devices are displayed in the ac it is not working.  I have tried to update across the board twice and am still seeing the same issue.

Kasa_12-21-2023_34154_PM.zipUnavailable

Sorry for the delay, I am traveling for the holiday.  I created an issue https://github.com/UniversalDevicesInc-PG3/udi-poly-kasa/issues/21

But it is also have problems communicating with many of your devices:

2023-12-21 10:55:55,534 Thread-11  udi_interface      ERROR    Controller:_add_manual_devices: Timed out getting discovery response for 10.100.100.170 trying to connect to 10.100.100.170
2023-12-21 10:56:00,538 Thread-11  udi_interface      ERROR    Controller:_add_manual_devices: Timed out getting discovery response for 10.100.100.169 trying to connect to 10.100.100.169
2023-12-21 10:56:05,548 Thread-11  udi_interface      ERROR    Controller:_add_manual_devices: Timed out getting discovery response for 10.100.100.168 trying to connect to 10.100.100.168
2023-12-21 10:56:10,553 Thread-11  udi_interface      ERROR    Controller:_add_manual_devices: Timed out getting discovery response for 10.100.100.160 trying to connect to 10.100.100.160