Network/server error logging into MyQ service

Xathros
Go to solution Solved by Goose66,

4 hours ago, dbwarner5 said:

Goose, can you clarify that I understand this correctly: Ratdgo hardwired to GDO, and then configured to connect to Pollisy over LAN which needs to have the MQTT plugin running and then the MQTT plug in will report the Ratdgo nodes in the ISY?

Yes, ratgdo hardwired to GDO, ratgdo connected to Wi-fi, and ratgdo communicating with MQTT broker on Polisy/eISY.

I don’t think that the MQTT plugin (node server) supports garage door openers, so we would need a custom plugin to support ratgdo. You could also probably use network resource. I would convert MyQ code. Too bad Tailwind doesn’t do MQTT or we could roll both into one node server.

3 hours ago, Goose66 said:

Yes, ratgdo hardwired to GDO, ratgdo connected to Wi-fi, and ratgdo communicating with MQTT broker on Polisy/eISY.

I don’t think that the MQTT plugin (node server) supports garage door openers, so we would need a custom plugin to support ratgdo. You could also probably use network resource. I would convert MyQ code. Too bad Tailwind doesn’t do MQTT or we could roll both into one node server.

The current MQTT doesn't do garage door openers but it is pretty easy & open to pull requests.  A few years ago I added I think three different devices.  You just set-up standard in/outs and they type of data.  I am told my ratgdo has now shipped; so my plan was to get it up and going then work on the MQTT plugin.

15 hours ago, Goose66 said:

Thanks @Goose66. Am not familiar with the MQTT broker on Polisy, or what it even means.  How does that connection take place? Do I need special knowledge to set that up within the Polisy?

Thanks.

mine arrived and its wired and working!

I can get both status and control it manually through the MQTT server on the EISY

Below is a screen shot from MQTT Explorer which is a client I can use to read/write to the MQTT server.

Works like a charm!

I may set up a manual python program first or may go right at the MQTT plug-in and make a device!!

image.thumb.png.270538b4d47e0540001e25343e32f1b8.png

I received my Ratgdo and flashed the firmware and then opened the ESP window where you enter the device name, OTA password and SSID.  It shows the LAN IP assignment.  It also asks for the MQTT server IP, port, username, password and topic prefix.  Where do I go from here?  I have the MQTT plugin on my Polisy, but don't quite understand broker/client, etc.

Incidentally, MacOS did not seem to work configuring the ratgdo so I used windows.

If your are using the public MQTT broker on Polisy/eISY, it is the local IP address or hostname of your Polisy/eISY and port 1884.

i believe the MQTT Plugin has to be configured for the same broker settings, but I don’t use it. The ratgdo plugin will default to the Polisy/eISY public broker but you can set an external broker if you wish (just like Tasmota plugin).

Edited by Goose66
11 minutes ago, Goose66 said:

If your are using the public MQTT broker on Polisy/eISY, it is the local IP address or hostname of your Polisy/eISY and port 1334.

i believe the MQTT Plugin has to be configured for the same broker settings, but I don’t use it. The ratgdo plugin will default to the Polisy/eISY public broker but you can set an external broker if you wish (just like Tasmota plugin).

Is that supposed to be port 1884?

The people who have receive their Ratgdo, did you receive a shipping notification before your product was shipped?  I was hoping to have receive my product by now, but I haven't.  I've assumed that since this was backordered, that the charge and email about the order wouldn't happen until the product was in.  I don't want to order a second set of 3 units, if the ones that I already order have already shipped.

Could someone who has received their order elaborate on the process, like what type of email notification did you get?

Thx!

I received mine on Wednesday (Dec. 13) this week. Ordered on Nov. 6. Came via USPS. No shipping notification. No tracking number. I sent an email last week to the guy and he just said shipping as fast as he can and referred me to the shipping status page at https://paulwieland.github.io/ratgdo/09_faq.html

Flashing with firmware and configuration very easy. Working with my MQTT broker on Polisy. Bug I have Genie GDOs so I am having to do dry contact install paralleled with my limit switches so install a bit trickier.

I have lined up somebody with Chamberlain GDOs to do initial testing of ratgdo plugin this weekend but he hasn’t gotten his devices yet. Ordered them same day I did. Hoping he gets them today.

Edited by Goose66
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, Goose66 said:

I received mine on Wednesday (Dec. 13) this week. Ordered on Nov. 6. Came via USPS. No shipping notification. No tracking number. I sent an email last week to the guy and he just said shipping as fast as he can and referred me to the shipping status page at https://paulwieland.github.io/ratgdo/09_faq.html

Flashing with firmware and configuration very easy. Working with my MQTT broker on Polisy. Bug I have Genie GDOs so I am having to do dry contact install paralleled with my limit switches so install a bit trickier.

I have lined up somebody with Chamberlain GDOs to do initial testing of ratgdo plugin this weekend but he hasn’t gotten his devices yet. Ordered them same day I did. Hoping he gets them today.

Any idea when the charge showed up for the order?

I ordered on the 6th as well, but maybe it didn't come through until the 7th. 👍👍👍
https://paulwieland.github.io/ratgdo/order_status.html

Edited by toddhutch

Still cannot finish connection with ratgdo.  When I connect to it, it has an assigned name and IP address (10.0.1.205) but my eero wifi app shows the IP as 10.0.1.207.  I have also entered the MQTT IP from the assigned eero address (10.0.1.188) and even tried adding either :3000 or :8443  to this.  Entered port as 1884 and left server username and password blank.  Still cannot finish the final connection and ratgdo log shows no communication with MQTT plugin (I have not entered anything on the plugin configuration page).  Any ideas?

59 minutes ago, SHM said:

Still cannot finish connection with ratgdo.  When I connect to it, it has an assigned name and IP address (10.0.1.205) but my eero wifi app shows the IP as 10.0.1.207.  I have also entered the MQTT IP from the assigned eero address (10.0.1.188) and even tried adding either :3000 or :8443  to this.  Entered port as 1884 and left server username and password blank.  Still cannot finish the final connection and ratgdo log shows no communication with MQTT plugin (I have not entered anything on the plugin configuration page).  Any ideas?

From goose above, it looks like you would set the ratgdo MQTT IP as follows: If your are using the public MQTT broker on Polisy/eISY, it is the local IP address or hostname of your Polisy/eISY and port 1334

If you just want to verify install and configuration of the ratgdo outside of the MQTT plugin, configure the ratgdo to talk to the MQTT broker on your Polisy/eISY, and then install and run MQTT explorer (http://mqtt-explorer.com) and connect it to the MQTT broker on your Polisy/eISY as well. MQTT will show you all published messages on all topics from all clients connected to the broker, including the ratgdo (assuming it’s configured correctly).

Edited by Goose66
9 minutes ago, Goose66 said:

If you just want to verify install and configuration of the ratgdo outside of the MQTT plugin, configure the ratgdo to talk to the MQTT broker on your Polisy/eISY, 

@Goose66 is this all that is needed to get it running and nodes showing in the AC?

I guess it would be good to get someone to do a quick simple bullet point of hte steps for those of us that dont know / understand or have ever worked with the MQTT side of things.  thanks

Edited by dbwarner5
  • Like 1