UDI Python interface 3.2.3

Hi everyone,

We just released UDI Python interface 3.2.3. The main change is to fix an error that can happen if 2 threads attempt to publish to MQTT at the exact same time. The symptom will be a restart of the node server.

To update, use System | Re-install all node servers.

If you want to know what version of UDI Python interface a node server is using, restart the node server and look for a line like this:
2023-10-19 09:15:53,244 MainThread udi_interface INFO __init__:<module>: UDI Python Interface for Polyglot version 3 3.2.3 Starting...

Thanks to @bpwwer for this fix.

Benoit

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, bmercier said:

Hi everyone,

We just released UDI Python interface 3.2.3. The main change is to fix an error that can happen if 2 threads attempt to publish to MQTT at the exact same time. The symptom will be a restart of the node server.

To update, use System | Re-install all node servers.

If you want to know what version of UDI Python interface a node server is using, restart the node server and look for a line like this:
2023-10-19 09:15:53,244 MainThread udi_interface INFO __init__:<module>: UDI Python Interface for Polyglot version 3 3.2.3 Starting...

Thanks to @bpwwer for this fix.

Benoit

Just ran Re-install all and they are reporting version 3.2.3.  They all reinstalled and restarted on their own. The dialog said:

This will attempt to re-install all managed node servers. The node server will be stopped and will need to be manually          restarted after the re-installation is complete.

Just letting you know as behavior is better than dialog indicated but wanted to be sure.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, hart2hart said:

Just ran Re-install all and they are reporting version 3.2.3.  They all reinstalled and restarted on their own. The dialog said:

This will attempt to re-install all managed node servers. The node server will be stopped and will need to be manually          restarted after the re-installation is complete.

Just letting you know as behavior is better than dialog indicated but wanted to be sure.

After a re-install, it's normal that it restarts automatically. This has been enhanced a few releases ago. Will update the warning accordingly. Thanks for reporting this.

• Like 3

Since I am the one seeing the errors every few hours, I just updated per your instructions.

All appeared to go fine, though I could not find the message confirming the new version.

I will let you know if the errors stop.

@bmercier

I did notice something odd in looking through the PG3x logs for the message. All the PG3 log messages have an incorrect time. It is 2 hours behind the actual time. I checked my Admin console  for IOX and it is correct. Any idea why this might be and how I could set the time to the correct value

Thanks

3 hours ago, stevehoyt said:

@bmercier

I did notice something odd in looking through the PG3x logs for the message. All the PG3 log messages have an incorrect time. It is 2 hours behind the actual time. I checked my Admin console  for IOX and it is correct. Any idea why this might be and how I could set the time to the correct value

Thanks

When you change the timezone in the admin console, it should also change the timezone of the OS. PG3 will take the timezone from the OS on startup. So if you change the timezone in AC, I think you would need to reboot to get PG3 to use the new time zone.

Just to make sure that I get this correct. @bmercier

The time zone is currently set to SF CA. The time in the AC is correct and the PG3x is 2 hours behind.

Are you suggesting that to get them in sync, I change the time zone in the AC?

If I do, should I change it to another city in the same time zone or to a different time zone and then back again to the correct one. 

It is not a big deal I can also just wait until I boot the Polisy again and see if it fixes itself.

Thanks

• Like 1
Just to make sure that I get this correct. @bmercier
The time zone is currently set to SF CA. The time in the AC is correct and the PG3x is 2 hours behind.
Are you suggesting that to get them in sync, I change the time zone in the AC?
If I do, should I change it to another city in the same time zone or to a different time zone and then back again to the correct one. 
It is not a big deal I can also just wait until I boot the Polisy again and see if it fixes itself.
Thanks

I would just reboot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4 hours ago, gklimo said:

FYI; I noticed the same 2-hour difference in the PG3x v3.2.10 logs and performed a subsequent full reboot of my Polisy. The PG3x log time stamps are still 2-hours earlier than the system time displayed within the Admin Console.

Same here.

• Like 1