Backing Up File Problems

bktong

Has any experienced problems with the Backup ISY? It has been working all along but stop working yesterday. I get two messages at the end at about 95%:

"Could Not Retrieve File /CONFIG/MAIL/1.NOT"

"Could Not Create the Zip File"

Everything else is working normal. The backup zip file gets created but only has 1 KB and it's empty. A zip utility can't read the file or it indicates the file format is not a supported format.

bktong

Tried a few more times and found out that once I added an EMail/Notification name to the list, the Backup ISY does not know how to backup the /Config/Mail information and does not create the backup zip file correctly.

Even remove the added EMail name would not fix the problem. I had to restore from a backup file.

bktong

It happened in 2.7.13. So, I upgraded to 2.7.15 but with the same result. Basically, I can't add an e-mail address to the notification tab. If I don't hit the Save button on the bottom, I can still do a successful backup. But once I hit Save and do a backup, it gives me the error in two separate pop-up windows.

bktong

Hello bktong,

This is indeed very odd. This is what I recommend:

1. Clear your Java cache; please note that Java cache is not going to be cleared UNLESS all your browser windows are closed

2. Retry. If it fails again:

a. Telnet and log in to ISY

b. Issue RF [the name of the offending file]

This action will remove that file which means that you will have to recreate your recipients OR if you are already on the Email tab, simply click the save again.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

I have tried your steps but still the file that always get stuck during a backup is /CONF/MAIL/1.NOT.

I get the error when 1.NOT file is empty when I do not have a recipients assigned to the "migrated" Name. When I add a second Name and Recipient to the list which create another file called 2.NOT. Then I get the error during backup process.

However, if I go back to the "migrated" Name and assign a recipient e-mail address which makes 1.NOT not empty anymore. Then I can do backup without an error.

Conclusion: It seems like when 1.NOT (n.NOT) is empty or any empty file followed by another file, it gets stuck on the n.NOT file during a backup and it does not know how to go further to the next (n+1.NOT) file then it would error out. It does not matter if the n+1.NOT file is empty or not. As long as n.NOT file is empty and there is a n+1.NOT file, it errors. If n.NOT is empty and no n+1.NOT file exists, no error.

A bug?

bktong

Michel,

BTW, it is a easy work around. I just need to assign a recipient to each entry. But thought it would be nice to have it fixed. It shouldn't stop users from backing up the whole system just because a file is empty (no recipient assigned). I didn't remove "migrated" at first thinking it was used for something else.

Thanks.

bktong

Archived