Insteon 8 keypad Timer Dead

ingeborgdot

Well, I seem to have a weird issue now. It is only being affected from 2 of the buttons. The 10 min and 15 min. buttons are the only ones that cause the issue.

The issue is when the 10 minute timer button finishes its cycle, it shuts off, but it also shuts off the lights in my office. The 15 minutes timer button also does the same thing. None of the other buttons do that. I wonder what is going and causing this???

On 12/3/2023 at 2:32 PM, ingeborgdot said:

Well, I seem to have a weird issue now. It is only being affected from 2 of the buttons. The 10 min and 15 min. buttons are the only ones that cause the issue.

The issue is when the 10 minute timer button finishes its cycle, it shuts off, but it also shuts off the lights in my office. The 15 minutes timer button also does the same thing. None of the other buttons do that. I wonder what is going and causing this???

You must have some orphan links on the office switch.  I assume the office light shuts off if you use the ISY admin console to shut the same scene off that the 10/15 min  program is shutting off.  This would mean that the office light is programmed to respond to that scene and here is how to fix it.

1) factory reset the office light switch.  Now test shutting the scene off from ISY admin console.  If the office light doesn't shut off, then you know you had a bad link on the office switch.  

2) Restore the office switch from ISY and test again.  If all is good, then you are done.  If not

3) Take notes for the office light switch with all of its settings and any scenes it is in.

4) Delete the switch from ISY

5) Factory reset the switch

6) Add it back to ISY and manually put all the settings back into it.

Yeah. I did all that and it fixed the issue.

I replaced the office switch, which was an old Insteon switch anyway. I made sure it didn't link to anything. That didn't solve the problem. I took the office switch out of a scene it needed to be in, and the problem went away. So, I realized the problem was in a scene on another keypad and one of the links was causing it.

I did as you suggested above, and did a factory reset of the keypad in the bathroom, the keypad that was causing the problem because that is the keypad that the office was tied to, and I reset the office switch.

After I reset them all, I did a restore, and the problem was gone. I don't know why after installing the new keypad, this problem would arise because it was not there before. It was good for me to try to do some problem-solving.

Now, I have a little different question on the keypad. I have the programs working when I push the button, but when I have Alexa turn them on, they don't turn off. What do I need to add to get the buttons and fan to turn off when I tell Alexa to turn on the fan? I say, Alexa, turn on 5-minute fan. It turns on but it never turns off.

1 hour ago, ingeborgdot said:

Now, I have a little different question on the keypad. I have the programs working when I push the button, but when I have Alexa turn them on, they don't turn off. What do I need to add to get the buttons and fan to turn off when I tell Alexa to turn on the fan? I say, Alexa, turn on 5-minute fan. It turns on but it never turns off.

I assume you have Alexa turning on the scene, but that won't trigger the program since I believe the program is a "control turned on".  "control turn on" is only a trigger when that device is the origin of things (for a kpl or any switch that means you pushed it).  So if the KPL is responding to Alexa, it isn't a "control" device, and the program isn't running.  You would need to add "status" of the KPL button in the if section of the program to trigger the program when KPL isn't the origin of things. 

I can't find scenes in Alexa anymore. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I find them? I need to delete some scenes that appear to have duplicates when I ask her. I have tried on Android, iPad, and Windows 10. None give me and option for scenes. I'm sure it is an easy fix. I just don't know how to fix it.

3 hours ago, ingeborgdot said:

I can't find scenes in Alexa anymore. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I find them? I need to delete some scenes that appear to have duplicates when I ask her. I have tried on Android, iPad, and Windows 10. None give me and option for scenes. I'm sure it is an easy fix. I just don't know how to fix it.

You log into the isy portal and map scenes (or whatever) to spoken commands.  It is under your isy, connectivity, Amazon Echo.  You could also map the program itself to the Alexa spoken command.  This would not turn the kpl light on, but it would run the 5 minute fan or whatever.

Edited by apostolakisl

20 hours ago, ingeborgdot said:

I understand that. I still have to go in and delete some scenes. I deleted them in portal, but Alexa is not deleting them in Alexa.

If you deleted them in the portal, then I don't believe that it is possible for Alexa to make them do anything.  All Alexa commands go through the portal.  There is a sync button or something like that in the portal, I assume you tried hitting that?

Okay, what is happening is that Alexa still has some other old stuff in there. For a couple of commands, she says I have multiple ones. Which one do you want? The only thing I have that could be would be old scenes that I can't get to in Alexa app anymore to delete. I have everything deleted and done in portal. So, you are not familiar with the scenes that used to be in the Alexa app?