Pin 2 - RX (from PLM)

Pin 3 - TX (to PLM)

Pin 5 - Ground

So, what you should have is

RJ45<->RS232

1 <-> 2

8 <-> 3

7 <-> 5

Here's the link to serial cable pinouts: http://www.zytrax.com/tech/layer_1/cabl ... _rs232.htm

MAKE SURE YOU LOOK AT THE FEMALE DB9 PINOUT.

If this doesn't work, simply swap pins 2 and 3 are retry.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel,

I made up a cable and I just want to verify that pin 2 on the RJ45 (12V DC) does not connect to a serial pin? So I only need the 3 leads connected from the RJ45 to the serial? Is that correct?

On a different subject, I hooked up the ISY last night (although I didn't hook up the PLM because I need to make that cable) and I do see "my lighting" in my network places. When I click on the icon I just get the "keep this window open" screen. I did try to acces the ISY via the link on the UD homepage as well and got the same result. Any thoughts on how to proceed? From what I understand I should be able to communicate with the ISY without the PLM connected? Is that correct?

Thanks,

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Apologies for a tardy reply!

1. Yes, please do not connect the 12v to anything on the serial side

2. If you do not get anything except the "Keep This Window Open", then please do be kind enough to make sure you have Java 1.6_03 installed.

3. You should be able to login to ISY even without the PLM plugged in

Please do let me know of the status.

With kind regards,

Michel

No apologies are neccessary!

I was able to make the cable but I did have to reverse the TX and RCV to make it work. I am able to log in and I have updated to the latest release. I have also manually added a couple of KPL's and the devices they are linked to. I must say ISY is pretty cool. Now I'll begin learning how to do all the great functions it's capable of.

I would like to once again point out to everyone that the tech support from UD is unsurpassed. You guys have earned a lifetime customer.

Thanks for all the help so far,

Wayne

Wayne,

Thanks so very much for the update. I updated my previous post to reflect the pinout as you found.

With kind regards,

Michel

No apologies are neccessary!

I was able to make the cable but I did have to reverse the TX and RCV to make it work. I am able to log in and I have updated to the latest release. I have also manually added a couple of KPL's and the devices they are linked to. I must say ISY is pretty cool. Now I'll begin learning how to do all the great functions it's capable of.

I would like to once again point out to everyone that the tech support from UD is unsurpassed. You guys have earned a lifetime customer.

Thanks for all the help so far,

Wayne

Wayne,

Thanks so very much for the update. I updated my previous post to reflect the pinout as you found.

Michel,

Thanks! Here is what you and I have concluded,

RJ45<->RS232

1 <-> 3

8 <-> 2

7 <-> 5

I just thought I would post this in case anyone else ever needs this info and reads this topic.

Wayne

• 5 years later...

Archived