HELP! Computer Network does not see ISY99i

terrys

Mindows XP

New setup. First time Insteon user.

Using Smarthome-provied outboard power supply.

Using UDI supplied Cat5 network cable.

ISY99i PRO IR shows Green power LED.

MEM and ERROR LED's blink together every 10 seconds.

Three good Green lights on Linksys switch port ISY is plugged into.

Everything else plugged into this same switch works fine.

Tried another switch port with no change.

Removed and reinserted SD card.

Rebooted router, switch, computer, ISY, PowerLinc Modem (2413S)

Get no "My Lighting" icon in My Network Places screen.

Ran "hide" UPnP and "show" UPnP in My Network Places several times with no luck.

Logging on to the Administrative Console, the only thing that appears when I click HELP and ABOUT is a small window informing me of copy write.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Terry

Thanks Brian.

I printed out the manual a week ago (all 72 pages) and understand what the LED's mean (Appendix A , page 58) and I've been plowing through it ever since. UDI tech support said the the Mem and Error LED's flashing simultaneously at about ten second entervals indicated that my network was not seeing the ISY.

I'm awaiting more from them, I guess, on Monday.

Thanks again for your quick reply.

Terry

Hi Terry,

Apologies for a tardy reply ... we are off on Saturdays. We'll try to get to the bottom of this over the weekend.

You are correct: Mem/Error means that your ISY is not connected to the network. The most important test would be to look at the LEDs on the Network Jack on ISY. One of them should be steady green and the other one should blink intermittently.

If your ISY is connected through a switch to your router, then you might want to try and connect it directly to the router and observe whether or not there are any changes.

Please do keep us posted and we'll find a solution.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

The Green lights on the ISY network connector are this: one (outer most LED) is solid green, the other (center most LED) is solid green most of the time with an occasional blink approx every ten seconds.

Regards,

Terry

Today, I replaced the 3 ft Cat5 cable supplied by UDI (that connects the ISY Network port to the port on the Switch) with an identical one provided by UDI and the problem still exists.

On the ISY network port connector, I have two green lights, one stays on constantly and the other blinks briefly about every ten seconds, which I understand is normal.

Thanks,

Terry

Thanks Michel. Yes, my network issue is now resolved. I moved the ISY to a basement office desktop and connected it directly to the router there. Now I have access to My Lighting from both home computers on my network.

Today I took the day off from work and plan to tackle the recommended firmware download, then start linking modules. I read your instructions and download the zipped file to my desktop. Not entirely sure how to use the Administration Console to load those yet. There apparently are a number of different addresses to access the Admin Console (I use www.universal-devices.com/99i) and I'm not sure what difference the other URL's offer.

When I first logged into the Admin Console is gave me a URL of 10.0.0.something. Now it shows a URL beginning with 192. Which is correct?

Thanks for hanging with me, Michel.

Terry

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the update. If indeed you got a 10.0.x.x address originally and now you are getting a 192.x.x.x, it means that you have two DHCP servers on your network. Do you have an Airport/Express router installed anywhere?

To upgrade, simply go to http://www.universa-devices.com/99i, login to the Admin Console, and then choose File | Manually Upgrade My Lighting.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Terry,

That's really odd! If you are certain that originally you got a 10.0.x.x address, then would you be kind enough to:

1. Go to your Kitchen computer

2. Click on the Run menu, and then type cmd

3. Once in the DOS prompt, please type ipconfig ... let me know what is the IP address for your computer

With kind regards,

Michel

No Michel. No such router here. Ok, I'll follow that link and attempt the update now.

Thanks again,

Terry

Hi Michel,

Just wanted to say thanks for the great support. Rand called me today and we tracked down some unexpected issues (including that someone had changed my router IP. THAT had you scratching your head, didn't it?). I am up and running with working modules installed. Had to leave the ISY and PLM in the basement office, it still doesn't like the switch up here in the kitchen.

Will tackle programming a room at a time now.

Again, the customer service at UDI is second to none. You guys can be very proud.

Regards,

Terry

Archived