Ratgdo and Alexa

As long as your Eisy connects with Alexa, and the Eisy is talking with Ratgdo, then you can make them talk.

This is done through he UD Portal to set up "spoken" commands which can be anything: light, program, scene, variable etc

Once you get the link of Alexa triggering a program in Eisy, then you can do anything from there. 

Example: 

• Set up a program in Eisy to set the garage door and call it Shut the Garage Door
  • Set up a spoken in the Portal --> Alexa that chooses the above program. Set the spoken to be gibberish such as shutthegaragedoor.
  • Ask Alexa to discover new devices
  • Set up a routine in Alexa that is "shut the garage door" as the verbal command and add the above spoken to it

Now when you say Alexa, shut the garage door, it will trigger that routine which will run the then of the program you set up.

That is the most simplest of examples. Do the same thing with Open the garage door, etc.

I am not familiar with what or how the nodes are showing up for ratgdo, so you may be able to go directly to a "light" and have Alexa trigger it w/o a routine or program. 

More here https://wiki.universal-devices.com/ISY_Portal_Amazon_Echo_Integration_V3

Post or DM if you need help after attempting. 

Edited by dbwarner5
typo
  • Like 1

Yes I found that and set up a spoken, but Alexa doesn't find ratgdo and there is no skill for it to.  I tried telling Alexa to open the garage door as I set up in spoken, and she says sorry I didn't find a ... named garage door.   I don' t get how Alexa triggers a program in EISY with no device link.  I did create a program in EISY to open garage door.  I tried scene also with same results.  What am I missing if this is doable?

Are you running the ratgdo plugin and does the Garage Door node show up in IoX? Is your Garage Door node showing up in the "My device" dropdown in the Connectivity->Amazon Echo window?

After you setup the spoken in the UD Portal under Connectivity->Amazon Echo window, did you ask Alexa to "discover devices" again?

Edited by Goose66

I'm running ratgdo plugin as a node on eisy.  Garage door shows up as ratgdo on admin panel along with ratgdo light.  It also shows up on the polyglot page under ratgdo as two nodes, garage door opener and light. I have Amazon echo device list setup as ratgdo   device   device\open-close    n006_ratgdo    garage   and spoken as garage door.  But when I ask Alexa to discover devices, it doesn't find ratgdo.  If I ask alexa to open garage door, it says, sorry i didn't find a group or device named garage door, guess since it didn't discover ratgdo.  frustrating 

17 hours ago, dblee1950 said:

I'm running ratgdo plugin as a node on eisy.  Garage door shows up as ratgdo on admin panel along with ratgdo light.  It also shows up on the polyglot page under ratgdo as two nodes, garage door opener and light. I have Amazon echo device list setup as ratgdo   device   device\open-close    n006_ratgdo    garage   and spoken as garage door.  But when I ask Alexa to discover devices, it doesn't find ratgdo.  If I ask alexa to open garage door, it says, sorry i didn't find a group or device named garage door, guess since it didn't discover ratgdo.  frustrating 

It's not clear in your posts if you are using the Portal to create the link between Alexa and the Eisy. See post above as an example of the Portal from @Goose66.  Alexa cant discover anything that is not in the Portal, as this is where the link is made for all the connections between Alexa and Eisy, which then has the connection to the Ratgdo. No skill for Ratgdo is needed in Alexa. 

If you are using hte portal, then there is something different going on which may be the Universal Devices Skill in Alexa isnt working properly. 

Here are a couple of screenshots.  I'm using ISY Optimized for Smart Home V3 in Alexa to connect between the two.  All looks ok until I try to have Alexa discover the ratgdo. She finds other devices but not the ratgdo.Screenshot(611).thumb.png.42350a288461334a818a1fc03f5a7e4a.pngimage.png.ed9ca2d99f477b65946e25c4afc2a3dd.png

UPDATE;  Success, sometimes the simplest solution is right in front of me.  Went through every page of isy portal site and under my profile there it was.  I have two isys, a 994 and the newer easy, although I don’t have 994 online anymore. The 994 was set to use preferred isy.  Once I changed it Alexa found the opener and light right away.  Thanks for all the input😀

• Like 3