I/OError : ProxyDevices ?????

My Isy994 system has served me well, especially the many people who have provided me technical support over the years.  I noticed, however that I'm getting a high frequency of errors with the red text message "I/OError:ProxyDevices", followed whay appears to be a reboot.  I desperately  need some troubleshooting advice.

Thanks in advance

Yes there is a lot of info there, but I'm still stuck.  I cleaned the contacts in both microSD cards.  The performance of the 4GB card was better but far from perfect.  At least the isy994 loads

I tried a 16GB card and isy994 won't load at all

sorry but i lost my post, will try again later.  basically the problem is that the isy launcher boots up but gets me lots of "I/OError:ProxyDevices" followed by rebooting.

I tried a new 16 GB and 32 GB sdcard but the isy launcher doesn't run at all.  The original SD card was 4 GB

Sorry for the delay  but i'm having problems getting on line with this forum.

I don't what the leds are supposed to be, but my ISY has a single solid blue light labelled POWER

Yes I cleared the java cache.

The documentation says I don't have to format a new SDcard.

1 hour ago, WShellshear said:

I don't what the leds are supposed to be, but my ISY has a single solid blue light labelled POWER

Read here for ISY994: https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Main_Page#Front_Panel_LEDs/Lights

The documentation says I don't have to format a new SDcard.

Correct, but you do have to install the latest firmware after you access the ISY994 the first time after you install the new (micro) SD card. 

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Replacing/Formatting_an_SD_Card

Step 3 is key! I believe if the SD card is new when you first boot the ISY994 it will put a very basic firmware on the card so you can at least access it with IoX Launcher. From there you must manually install the latest firmware. That's what Step 2 does (using the "FS" command when you telnet to the ISY994). But I've never done the process so don't know exact expectations. 

2 hours ago, WShellshear said:

Sorry for the delay  but i'm having problems getting on line with this forum.

What do you mean by this? 

1 hour ago, Geddy said:

Read here for ISY994: https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Main_Page#Front_Panel_LEDs/Lights

Correct, but you do have to install the latest firmware after you access the ISY994 the first time after you install the new (micro) SD card. 

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Replacing/Formatting_an_SD_Card

Step 3 is key! I believe if the SD card is new when you first boot the ISY994 it will put a very basic firmware on the card so you can at least access it with IoX Launcher. From there you must manually install the latest firmware. That's what Step 2 does (using the "FS" command when you telnet to the ISY994). But I've never done the process so don't know exact expectations. 

What do you mean by this? 

Thank you for the info.

I swapped the 5 volt power supply that came with an earlier ISY model.  No results

My trouble is with step 3.  Step 3 is a minefield.  First finding the correct firmware.  I have ISY firmware 5.0.16C and Z-Wave at firmware 4.55.00.  There is a lot of problems with Z-Wave series 200 and I'm not sure what series I'm in.

@WShellshear do you use Z-Wave?

First finding the correct firmware. 

Easy...look here:  https://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/339-current-release-announcements/

If you currently have 5.0.16C then get that again (if you're using Z-wave)

I'm not sure what series I'm in.

Series is the board type.

See this post for info how to tell the difference:

https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/29371-zwave-tips-and-tricks/

If you don't use Z-wave (even if you have a board) then the current should be 5.3.4. 

Seems that you come here to get help, but you don't really read the links people provide you because all this information is easily found by reading the wiki and just the categories of the forums. Hopefully you get it sorted out. 

The more that I read your earlier posts I think you've got computer issues rather than ISY994 issues.

• Are you running any firewalls or virus software on the computer(s) you're trying to access the ISY994?

• Are you using the IoX Launcher (start.jnlp) process to access the admin console? 

oops,  i upgraded to 5.3.4 and it all went well except my schlage lock is not well.  Is there a fix or is it toast.  I wasn't really using it for remote operation.

sorry for asking so much, but there's a lot of info

Yes i stopped virus software but no improvement.

Edited by WShellshear
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this discussion has drifted from my original question of what the pop-up error message I/O Error: ProxyDevice could mean.  I have looked pretty hard in wiki isy994 to no avail.

Perhaps it's time to move on to a new topic.

20 hours ago, WShellshear said:

I think this discussion has drifted from my original question of what the pop-up error message I/O Error: ProxyDevice could mean.  I have looked pretty hard in wiki isy994 to no avail.

Are you still getting the error? Thought you implied it went away after you updated the firmware. 

Make sure you shutdown any anti-virus and firewall programs, clear the Java cache (temp internet files) - be sure you check all 3 check boxes in the process.

Delete any old start.jnlp and admin.jnlp files on your system. 

Download a new start.jnlp from the UD Site (click My ISY on the top right of their site). 

Run start.jnlp and accept any Java alerts. Then run the “IoX Launcher” icon placed on the desktop.

If you still get the error take a screen shot of it to show when you get the error. Usually this error only happens if the computer or ISY drop network connection. Seems like your network or something on your computer might be causing communication issues. This is why you have to shutdown anti-virus and firewall programs you might be running.