Console will not startup

GaryK4
Go to solution Solved by Michel Kohanim,

Some time ago, the console would not load. I had to install IcedTea.web on windows 11. That kind of worked. It went directly into the console without using the Finder. The finder did not work with IcedTea. Now when I try to load the console an error message appears (XML Parse Error http://isy:80/desc. I did upgrade my java from 8 to OpenLogic-OpenJDK Build jdk17u). I don't go to the console often, but that may be the problem. After upgrading Java, I did not do anything with IcedTea. I tried manually loading the IoX finder and selecting the pull down menu Admin Console (LAN), but that did nothing (wheel spun, then closed).

There must be a better way to run the console. Need third part software like IcedTea, every java update seems to break something.
I don't make many changes, so it is always a pain to figure out how to get it running again.

Side notes:
I use Home assistant with ISY and many other devices and love it.
I have Debian Linux running on a VM within Proxmox. Is it better to run ISY from there? It has OpenJDK 17.0.9 installed.
IcedTea web is NOT installed and I don't know hot to install it yet or if it will work with OpenJDK and ISY.

When I bring up the web app on Linux and select Admin Console, Java 2+ Required is diplayed.

Will the new EISY have the same console startup issues?

ISY Console.jpg

Edited by GaryK4
More info