swapping hardware - want to re-use all my favorites with new h/w

Go to solution Solved by Javi,

Following a major crash on my Polisy, I migrated everything to an eisy I had in part in case of just such an event. Is there a way to just swap everything in UD Mobile that is set up for my dead IoP to the eisy now driving everything? I added the eisy but all the favorites are for the IoP, and I don't see a "transfer" option. It appears I would need to delete the IoP (which I assume will clear the favorites) then recreate all my favorites for the eisy. Is there another way so I don't have to redo everything?

24 minutes ago, jec6613 said:

If you transfer in the portal, that takes care of that part (at least it did for me).  I also had my Eisy take over the IP of the Polisy, so I didn't need to change local programming.

Oh I see. I ended up paying for portal access for the eisy (so didn't transfer that particular piece) because I plan to test some things that will need portal access on the Polisy once it's fixed. I might have to get support to fix this.

• Solution
3 hours ago, johnnyt said:

I added the eisy but all the favorites are for the IoP, and I don't see a "transfer" option. It appears I would need to delete the IoP (which I assume will clear the favorites) then recreate all my favorites for the eisy. Is there another way so I don't have to redo everything?

Yes see https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Migration

Jump down to about 8 lines to 

Finally migrate your favorites and settings in UD Mobile. First backup UD Mobile from Settings-Tab > Backup in case of errors this way Favorites and User Preferences will not be lost.