RATDGO Installation and Plugin Use

Wow.. amazing... it's a five minute job to install. Plug in works flawlessly. 

My experience for those thinking about it.....

FLASHING: Once you receive the RATDGO, you will need to flash it. I struggled with this only because I chose the wrong firmware to install. Be sure to choose on the RATDGO page, the bottom choice under MQTT. Once I did that, I was able to configure the RATDGO to my wifi and to talk to the Polisy MQTT server

image.png.428321d8adb03a67aff752c1c56e87a4.png

INSTALLATION: Yesterday I turned a 5 minute job into 20 minutes of install and 90 minutes of troubleshooting only to quit and try again today. Today it took 5 minutes. The problem I had was that I misunderstood the install wiring directions and thought that all the new wires had to be spliced into the existing wires. This caused the GDO to shoot off tons of errors and not work. Last night, after I gave up,  I saw some pictures on the RATDGO page that showed me that they replace the existing wires. So today it took me 2 minutes to rip everything I did yesterday out and connect two RATDGO devices to two pole barn doors. SUPER EASY WHEN YOU DO IT CORRECTLY LOL.

ISY: Opened PGX, hit discover, four nodes found immediately, two doors and two lights. Opened AC and they showed up in the Node tree. Control was almost instantaneous. Programing looks excellent as well. 

THANKS TO @Goose66 for an excellent Plugin. This is by far the cheapest and easiest way to get control of garage doors again after the closing of MyQ API.

• Like 4