Ratgdo Open - Close

Open/close seems to work fine when I am at home. If I leave say for work and return later "open"' does not work from my Alexa enabled Lincoln app on the first try. Seems like it takes two times to get the door to respond. I have tried several different things, and nothing seems to work. Close does not seem to be a problem!

Any thoughts?

Without logs or any knowledge of your configuration, I would say the problem is most likely with your Lincoln. You probably have your Lincoln set up to connect to your wifi while at home and when you arrive back home there is a period where the Lincoln is unsure if it’s on LTE or WiFi.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have tried everything I can think of. ratgdo is the only spoken that behaves this way! What setting should I look for?

I have a switch (Zoos) wired to a remote opener  and it works perfectly, but I lose the open- close function that  Ratgdo has.

Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

Isn't it necessary to provide an unlock code to "open" devices in Alexa? Perhaps your Lincoln Alexa doesn't support that? You may want to check with @bmercier on issues with Alexa. AFAIK, if the "Open" button works in the Admin Console, then the "open" command should work with Alexa, assuming everything is mapped correctly in your Portal configuration.