Is there any good reason for polisy owners to upgrade to an eisy?

waffles
Go to solution Solved by Michel Kohanim,

I found this in the sticky:

"Why should I buy one?

Only you can answer this question. If you have a polisy, I'd say don't unless you simply want a new toy, have money burning a hole in your pocket, or simply to support UDI."

This statement was made already some time ago. So I was wondering if this still holds true today.  I have a relatively small system with less than 100 Insteon devices and limited amount of simple  programs. Would I gain anything performance- or otherwise if I switched to a polisy?

• Like 1

@waffles,

As a geek, I would upgrade because it's just way cooler and I can do a lot more things with it such as audio through the headphone jack, soon Bluetooth audio, plus I do all my own developments on it (with two monitors, two keyboards, and one mouse). Recently, I added a 1TB NVMe SSD to it to and love the performance. 

All this said, I am a dungeon dwelling geek and don't have to directly pay for it. If you are OK with what you have, then the statement holds true today as well.

With kind regards,
Michel

14 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@waffles,

As a geek, I would upgrade because it's just way cooler and I can do a lot more things with it such as audio through the headphone jack, soon Bluetooth audio, plus I do all my own developments on it (with two monitors, two keyboards, and one mouse). Recently, I added a 1TB NVMe SSD to it to and love the performance. 

All this said, I am a dungeon dwelling geek and don't have to directly pay for it. If you are OK with what you have, then the statement holds true today as well.

With kind regards,
Michel

Thanks @Michel Kohanim for your reply. Sounds like you use it as a regular PC that also happens to run IoX on it. Am I overstating this?  This gives me a good idea. Thanks.