UDI Python interface 3.3.1

Hi everyone,

We just released the UDI Python interface 3.3.1.

Change log:

• Ensure the interface does not use paho-mqtt v2 (paho-mqtt v2 is still beta and it breaks plugins)
  • Don't load the server.json if not needed
  • setDriver now returns a flag indicating if the value is different than before
  • New integrated oAuth module (Some new plugins will need this)
  • Enhancements to the Custom class

To update to the new version, use System | Reinstall all plugins.

If you want to know what version of UDI Python interface a plugin is using, restart the plugin and look for a line like this:
2023-10-19 09:15:53,244 MainThread udi_interface INFO __init__:<module>: UDI Python Interface for Polyglot version 3 3.3.1 Starting...

Benoit

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, hart2hart said:

I use the Backup plugin. To confirm, can I reinstall plugins individually but not Backup until it’s updated?

My apologies, I made a mistake in the changelog. 

ISY Access security is something coming in PG3x 3.2.19 - not the Python interface.

I intended to release PG3x 3.2.19 today as well, but will wait for the Backup plugin to be updated first.

You can safely update the python interface on all plugins. The benefits are limited though as the changes are mostly for upcoming plugins which will require this version of the interface, or for new installations of plugins (it needs to install paho-mqtt 1.6.1 instead of 2.0.0rc2 - existing installs should have 1.6.1).

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 8:15 AM, bmercier said:

My apologies, I made a mistake in the changelog. 

ISY Access security is something coming in PG3x 3.2.19 - not the Python interface.

I intended to release PG3x 3.2.19 today as well, but will wait for the Backup plugin to be updated first.

You can safely update the python interface on all plugins. The benefits are limited though as the changes are mostly for upcoming plugins which will require this version of the interface, or for new installations of plugins (it needs to install paho-mqtt 1.6.1 instead of 2.0.0rc2 - existing installs should have 1.6.1).

I know 3.2.19 is coming soon and today I see:

Allow ISY Access by Plugin

on the Backup Plugin config screen.  To be ahead of events and ready for 3.2.19, I should select this option -- correct?

2 hours ago, hart2hart said:

I know 3.2.19 is coming soon and today I see:

Allow ISY Access by Plugin

on the Backup Plugin config screen.  To be ahead of events and ready for 3.2.19, I should select this option -- correct?

Yes you should.

When you upgrade to 3.2.19, then the plugin will continue to work.

21 minutes ago, johnjces said:

Quick question...

When one updates PG3, will this also bring us up to the latest python interface? Or must this reinstall all be performed before we realize the new interface?

Thx!

John

Updating PG3 does not update the interface.

Reinstall all is used to update the interface & the plugins versions.

• Like 1