Those of you with SmartWings Shades...

Which motor did you order?  From what I've read, most or all of you are using the Z-Wave motor?  I'm wondering if I should get the Matter Motor?  I don't think I want to get into Zigbee.

I'm also wondering if the Smart Link hub they offer would be an option.  I don't know how (or if) IOX would integrate with it.

Thanks

Edited by carealtor
added more questions

I have 10 zwave Smartwings shades.  Work great controlled with eisy.

I have 2 matter smartwings shades.  They also work great but cant be controlled with eisy yet.  I use a smartthings hub to control them.  I believe the matter ones cost more for the motor.

Honestly cant go wrong with either but if you want to control with eisy, I recommend getting zwave.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, TheA2Z said:

I have 10 zwave Smartwings shades.  Work great controlled with eisy.

I have 2 matter smartwings shades.  They also work great but cant be controlled with eisy yet.  I use a smartthings hub to control them.  I believe the matter ones cost more for the motor.

Honestly cant go wrong with either but if you want to control with eisy, I recommend getting zwave.

Well shoot.  I ordered the Matter motor assuming it would work.  Are you saying the Matter motor does not work with the eisy/polisy ZMatter card?

• 2 weeks later...

I recently ordered and installed nine SmartWings woven shades, and I went with the Matter motor.  For now, I use Amazon Echo devices to handle the automation (e.g., opening in the morning, closing at night, etc.). The Matter motor has been just okay so far.  On some days, I notice a shade that didn't open or close as expected, so reliability hasn't been rock solid, but I can't say if that's the shade motor fault or the controller side.  As other stated, there is always the remote. That works flawlessly, and I like that it can open a single shade or multiple shades in a group with one click. The battery operation and design of how one can customize various operational parameters (e.g., setting upper and lower limits, pairing motors to various remote channels, etc.) is really kind of elegant. 

I did run into a couple of issues where I needed to contact customer service, resulting in some shades that needed to be remade.  On one, a clip came loose inside the rod during transit and it made an odd noise whenever I raised or lowered the shade. On a couple of shades that were supposed to be light blocking, there was a defect that allowed light through in several points where the back of the shade was stitched to the guide for raising/lowering. Their customer service folks were excellent to work with and they fully addressed the issues I experienced.  Overall, I'm very pleased with the end result.  

The jury is still out on whether going with the Matter motor was the best decision.  It adds a lot to the price, and a fully reliable implementation still seems more promise than reality at this point. Like others, I am hoping the UD team releases an update to eisy so I can run my shade automation from that instead of the Alexa app.  

• Thanks 1

So, hopefully a little help and insight here for someone who has not gone down any of these roads before (Homekit, Alexa, SmartThings, Google).  Once the shade is working with, let's say Amazon Echo...  would the shade be controllable from IOX through the ISY Portal Amazon Echo integration?