Red blinking error light after storm. ISY OFFLINE

TimCA

Good morning,

I have been using my ISY for several years with no issues.  I am a beginner in the home automation, IE I somehow got it to do what I wanted and stopped tinkering in home automation.  I have no coding or true computer skills. I use a PC and android.  My switches are all Instron and my subscription is current.  Firmware is 5.3.0 

With all that said, we had the power go out last Sunday during a thunderstorm. After the storm passed and the power came back on everything in the house seemed fine (Alexa working, computers fine etc..) I noticed that my outdoor lights were coming on at odd times, then noticed that my lighting voice commands to Alexa were not working.  I opened the ISY portal and it states "Offline since Sunday...." So I do the normal beginner stuff, unplug , wait and re plug in the units a few times then search the internet. No change 

Looking for so guidance and assistance getting back to "normal".

Thanks

Tim

Front Panel LEDs/Lights

• Boot up sequence:
    • Power, RX&TX, momentary blink of Memory/RX and TX, and then Power only
  • Only Power Light Is On:
    • Most probably power supply related. You can try any power supply that outputs anywhere between 5 volt and 30 volts,center positive, 2mm barrel connector
  • Error light and Memory light blinking simultaneously: ISY is not able to get on the network.Please ensure:
    • The Network jack on the back of ISY is connected to your router
    • The lights on the Network jack have one steady on and the other one blinking. If not, check cable and connectivity to the router
    • Your router provides DHCP
    • There are no other devices on the network with the same IP address (IP Conflict)
      • If you have configured your ISY to use DHCP, then you will have to search your network for devices that might be in the same DHCP range as your router is providing
      • If you have configured your ISY with a static IP address, and as long as you have a good backup, you can Factory Reset your ISY and then restore a good backup (File | Restore ISY). Once prompted to change the network settings, choose No
  • Only Error light blinking: ISY cannot communicate with the SD Card. Please ensure:
    • The micro SD Card (on the front) is seated properly. Unplug ISY, remove the rubber cap, using a sharp object, push the micro SD Card in so that it pops out. Push it back in so it clicks in. Apply power to ISY
    • If reseating the micro SD Card does not work, you probably have a defective SD Card. Please consult Replacing/Formatting SD Card

So short of the full resetting, first I am running through the  Error light and Memory light blinking simultaneously, list, 

• The lights on the Network jack have one steady on and the other one blinking. If not, check cable and connectivity to the router No lights, swapped out cables and tried other working ports on the router. no Change. 

There are no lights on the back network port of the isy.  I swapped out the cables and still nothing. The router that sits next to it is working fine for both wifi and c5 homerun cables to other computers, just not the isy. 

Also worth noting, the PLM does not have any LEDs let up. I don't know if that is normal or not its been working flawlessly for years without looking at it. 

Thoughts?

Tim

It's possible the thunderdstorm caused a voltage surge that did some damage.

If the green led on the PLM is not lit, then most likely the internal power supply in the PLM has failed. 

For now, don't focus on the network jack leds

It sounds like your SD card may have also failed. Remove power from the ISY, then remove the SD card and clean the contacts with a soft eraser and re-insert it.

After the

ISY boots up, are you able to access the ISY from the admin console?  If so, can you see your devices and programs?

• Like 1