Dual Outlet status led

Dishboy007

I have a original Insteon dual outlet in my attic. The top outlet turns on/off a small Leg Lamp that sits in a small window at night. I noticed the lamp wasn't turning on. The led bulb was bad. I put a new one on and it worked fine, but I noticed the red led status light not working. The green works and the green and the red work on the bottom outlet. Doesn't seem like a big deal, just thought I'd check. I did do a hard reset and still didn't work. I don't need it. I'm never up there anyway.

Seems more like a question for Insteon directly. You should post on their forums or see if their support system can help figure out what's happening.

https://www.insteon.com/support

In IoX make sure you set the backlight to on to 100%. Note that when you click on it in admin console "Backlight" will show 0%, but it's probably set at 100% already. Just set it to 100% and click "Backlight" (to the left" and that should set that setting. It's a UI "bug" that has been there since 5.x came out and setting the % is not as intuitive as it might be and isn't set by using "Write Changes" button on the bottom of the screen.

I have a Dual Band On/Off plug in module. It has the Green half of the LED defective and it does not light. So another possibility is it has a failed RED half of the dual color LED.

• Like 1

@Dishboy007 no assumptions made of "if it's safe to use". You should consult Insteon since this is in an attic space and probably exposed to extreme temperatures (assuming it's not climate controlled area). It's probably been exposed to operating temps outside of normal range and could have caused the LED to fail or could have other issues.

I'd only trust an electrician that has inspected the outlet to give the approval (or not) of it if was "safe to use". 

• Like 1