Can you exclude a device's status lights in a scene?

Go to solution Solved by gweempose,

I have a scene with three devices in it called "Foyer Lights". The scene includes a 6-button keypad that is attached to the load, and two dimmer switches. The two dimmers are controllers, and the keypad is a responder. The keypad is also a controller for an "All Main Floor Lights" scene that turns on the load it is connected to, as well as a bunch of other lights. Everything works fine, but I'm wondering if there is a way to make it so that the status lights on the keypad will not turn on or off when the "Foyer Lights" scene is controlled from either of the two dimmers. I only want those lights to reflect the status of the "All Main Floor Lights" scene. Is there an easy way to accomplish this, or do I need some sort of custom program?

8 minutes ago, Techman said:

If the KPL buttons are part of a scene then the button will light when the scene, or load, is turned on. There's no workaround to accomplish what you're trying to do.

Thanks! I figured this was probably the case. So it sounds like I basically have several options. The first option is to leave everything as is and simply live with the fact that the light on the keypad will occasionally not reflect the true status of the "All Main Floor Lights Scene". The second option is to make the main button on the keypad a controller for the "Foyer Lights" scene, and then move the "All Main Floor Lights" scene to a different button on the keypad. The third option would be to rewire the switches so one of the dimmers is actually controlling the load, and then remove the keypad from the "Foyer Lights" scene. I think this last option is probably the best, and it shouldn't be too difficult to do since there are already existing travellers going to the other junction boxes that are currently capped off.

Your options are good. 
I use lots of 6 pads & tend to use the mains light as just that a light for what it’s attached to which leaves me flexibility for the other four lights as scene controllers and indicators, with the ability to turn on/off/dim as I please. The only exception are scenes which I treat like they are hard wired; two or three lights which always come on/off together. 

• Like 1
  • Solution

I ended up rewiring the switches and moving the load to one of the other dimmers. So now the keypad is 100% virtual. This works out better for me, since I prefer to control the "All Main Floor Lights" scene from the two large buttons on the keypad, and the status of those buttons is no longer affected by the other two switches.

Thanks for the help, guys! Much appreciated!