Device Links vs ISY Links

I'm having an issue with random on events for one - only one - of my devices.  My system is 52 instead devices, eisy, USB PLM.  As part of my troubleshooting, I checked all my device links and compared to the ISY Links and found many errors.  I started restoring the devices, and then rechecked some of them after about 30 minutes and found that the link discrepancies reappeared.  Here's a screenshot of the comparison after I restored the device only a few minutes earlier. 

Is this normal?

ScreenShot2024-03-07at8_31_32AM.thumb.png.ba7cb6817aba33ae3b031cc366d5e64a.png

1 minute ago, GSpitale01 said:

Is this normal?

No, but we need a lot more information to help further. I don't completely know how to review/support link tables so others might have other ideas about why they're looking this way.

To help deeper please let us know the following:

• What type of device is turning on?
  • How old is the device? (are you able to see the address/date tag/sticker on the device?)
  • What IoX Firmware and UI are you using? (Admin Console: Help -> About) Make sure they MATCH
  • Perform a "Find/Replace" on the Programs list
    • Right click on "My Programs" folder (root of the program tree)
    • "Find/Replace"
    • Search for the device that is turning on (don't replace it with anything, but just find what programs it is referenced in. Then see if those programs have run unexpectedly) 
    • MyPrograms-RightClickMenu.jpg
  • Check your program summary tab to see if a program has recently run to turn the device on
  • How did you setup/migrate to the eisy?
    • Did you come from ISY994 or Polisy?
    • Did you use the same PLM you had before? 
    • If you changed PLM did you follow the replace PLM process?

It might be as simple as factory resetting the device then performing a restore from the IoX admin console. 

Posted (edited)

General config info:

- IoX v5.8.0

- UI v5.8.0

- PLM info says v9E

- It is a new setup with a new PLM and eisy that was purchased within last 6 months

- I have been an ISY994 user for more than 10 years so relatively familiar, but this issue is a new one for me

Separating the two topics:

1.  The random on that I'm trying to figure out is a 2477D dimmer.  I do not know exactly how old it is, but I have purchased all of the devices in the last 4 years.  It says v.45 in the admin console.  This device is not a member of any scenes or activated or monitored by any programs.

2.  The link discrepancy was present on ~10 of my devices.  Some of them legacy Insteon and some the new I3 devices.  The screenshot was an I3 4 button keypad.

Edited by GSpitale01
  • Thanks 1

@Techman Thank you, very helpful for understanding.

This morning I did a factory reset on the device that was giving me random on trouble - we'll see if that fixes it.  I usually like to understand "why" before I start trying fixes, but it this seems like a reasonable corrective action step to take.

@GSpitale01

If the random on is only affecting one device then it is usually the device itself, or a program/scene that contains the device.

v.45 is current and has no issues that I know of.

What are the details of the load connected to the 2477D?

If you're seeing a lot of EA links in various devices then you could have general communication issues cause by either noise on the powerline or poor communications between the two powerline legs.

The load is 3 outside coach lights.  I have not seen an uncommanded on event since I did the factory reset this morning ... fingers crossed.

I do have some noise issues - several UPS devices in the house.  I'd forgotten about the FilterLinc devices until someone reminded me on here last week, so they're on order and will be installed in next day or so.

Appreciate the assist here - so much knowledge in this forum!

• Like 1