Support thread for: PG3x v3.2.20 (March 12th, 2024)

Hello everyone,

This is the support thread for PG3x v3.2.20.

Starting with PG3x 3.2.19, if you are using the Backup or ELK plugin, please make sure to select the "Allow ISY Access By Plugin" in the configuration page.

I got this ELK Error after doing the install:

2024-03-12 17:25:35,227 ELK-3383   udi_interface      ERROR    Controller:sync_complete: ELK Controller: Traceback (most recent call last):   File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b90265ee_2/nodes/Controller.py", line 713, in sync_complete if self.pyisy is not None: AttributeError: 'Controller' object has no attribute 'pyisy'

Thanks,

John

24 minutes ago, sjenkins said:

@bmercier sorry for my ignorance; but what does it mean to “Disable the global MQTT queue”. I can imagine what it might mean but can you expand on what this change improves upon?  Thanks again for all you do!

Every MQTT messages coming to PG3x go through up to 2 queues which are used to rate limit the requests;

1. MQTT messages from plugins are in their own queues, in order to prevent a plugin to take up all resources, and frontend messages are also in their own queues, to prevent attack. These queues have their own rate limit sets.

2. A global Queue, which applies system wide limits.

This is the latter that has been disabled as it has been observed to cause problems on some systems.

• Thanks 1

Just upgraded and MagicHome is no longer working.
PG3x shows all nodes in its configuration, but IOX cannot connect to them.

Eight nodes shown

image.png.33f6ca8e883ee6c9786aa431e3f94ce0.png

No attributes in IoX

image.png.ca3e76d47069dfea8b9c41b6d0cf7b1e.png

Attempting to call one of the nodes from IoX (mobile app) shows an "address does not exist" error in PG3x:

image.thumb.png.3e6ba5801db6e6fd670ddb787fc1918c.png

In an attempt to correct this I manually added one of the nodes in PG3x (mac, ip, name).  When attempting to call that node from IoX (moble app), it gives a different error (socket connect failed):
image.thumb.png.3d00a544f1e085f263b4c0112e60209a.png

Reinstalling the plugin made no difference, rebooting eISY made no difference, rerunning the upgrade made no difference, etc, etc, etc.

8 minutes ago, MWoods329 said:

Just upgraded and MagicHome is no longer working.
PG3x shows all nodes in its configuration, but IOX cannot connect to them.

Eight nodes shown

image.png.33f6ca8e883ee6c9786aa431e3f94ce0.png

No attributes in IoX

image.png.ca3e76d47069dfea8b9c41b6d0cf7b1e.png

Attempting to call one of the nodes from IoX (mobile app) shows an "address does not exist" error in PG3x:

image.thumb.png.3e6ba5801db6e6fd670ddb787fc1918c.png

In an attempt to correct this I manually added one of the nodes in PG3x (mac, ip, name).  When attempting to call that node from IoX (moble app), it gives a different error (socket connect failed):
image.thumb.png.3d00a544f1e085f263b4c0112e60209a.png

Reinstalling the plugin made no difference, rebooting eISY made no difference, rerunning the upgrade made no difference, etc, etc, etc.

About 20 minutes after I added the node manually it started functioning.  Saw a rapid on/off like it was catching up on all of the missed attempts then just started functioning normally.  The rest still don't work.

13 minutes ago, MWoods329 said:

About 20 minutes after I added the node manually it started functioning.  Saw a rapid on/off like it was catching up on all of the missed attempts then just started functioning normally.  The rest still don't work.

That's very odd.

Were you on 3.2.19 before? The changes between version is minimal. The only possible impact would be that it may be running faster.

I would recommend a post in the MagicHome forum. I have no clue what may be causing this.

8 minutes ago, bmercier said:

That's very odd.

Were you on 3.2.19 before? The changes between version is minimal. The only possible impact would be that it may be running faster.

I would recommend a post in the MagicHome forum. I have no clue what may be causing this.

Yes, was on 3.2.19 and was working fine there.

Will do.  Thanks

@bmercier I appear to be having issues with the Bond Node Server controlling ceiling fans since this upgrade.  I turn them on and off and it appears to have an issue if I turn it on and then turn it off quickly or vice versa as it starts ignoring the updates for some time.  

I've done all the usual restart reboot etc with exact same results.

2 minutes ago, hart2hart said:

@bmercier I appear to be having issues with the Bond Node Server controlling ceiling fans since this upgrade.  I turn them on and off and it appears to have an issue if I turn it on and then turn it off quickly or vice versa as it starts ignoring the updates for some time.  

I've done all the usual restart reboot etc with exact same results.

I can't see how 3.2.20 would impact this. 

I see your other post. Let's see what Goose thinks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 5:33 PM, JSchumann said:

I got this ELK Error after doing the install:

2024-03-12 17:25:35,227 ELK-3383   udi_interface      ERROR    Controller:sync_complete: ELK Controller: Traceback (most recent call last):   File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b90265ee_2/nodes/Controller.py", line 713, in sync_complete if self.pyisy is not None: AttributeError: 'Controller' object has no attribute 'pyisy'

Thanks,

John

Same here as my PG3 update this morning