Modern replacement for Insteon 2466SW

robgarrett

Hello,

I'm a long-time user of Insteon smart home devices. I have my whole house equipped with Insteon 2466SW (and a few DWs). With the ubiquity of Z-Wave, and Zigbee/Matter becoming popular, I'm looking for modern replacement toggle-style switches for my home.

I know there's a ton of options for the paddle-style. However, I'm not looking to replace all switches in my home to match, I just need a go-to replacement when one of my Insteon switches dies. I've found Enbrighten toggle switches - anyone had experience with them?

Oh, and I have an EISY and just ordered the USB Z-Wave/Zigbee/ZMatter dongle.

The Enbrighten switches should work with the EISY and the Zmatter dongle which is Zwavce certified.

Personally, I favor the Insteon dual band switches over Zwave, but if you don't want to mix and match then the Zwave switches would be your best bet as Insteon is now focused on the paddle format over the toggle.

Edited by Techman

On 3/13/2024 at 12:53 PM, robgarrett said:

I have my whole house equipped with Insteon 2466SW

Have you considered using Insteon's "feedback" form to request they bring this product back? 

https://www.insteon.com/general-feedback/

I know in early newsletters and maybe even recent ones they do ask users for feedback for possible product requests. It might be something that they've considered bringing back if there was a market for the product.

Worth asking at the very least. 

• Thanks 1