Garage door control stopped working at some point

I'm not sure. I am using dry contact mode and don't experience the problems that show up in the Security+ 2.0 openers. But at least according to @sjenkins the ESPHome firmware works (better), and the MQTT firmware hasn't been changed in 3 months, whereas the ESPHome firmware was updated 3 weeks ago. So looking to see if there was an easy way to interface with the ESPHome firmware instead of the MQTT firmware seemed prudent.

After this happened the second time to me, I was going to report the problem. This was before there were many others reporting this issue, so I didn’t know if it was just my device or not. Anyway, first I wanted to try to figure out how often this was happening. To do that, I created a program to ‘blink’ the light on the GDO when it detected I was in the garage. I was hoping this would allow me to catch when the control stopped working as I don’t normally use the that feature often. That has been at least several months ago and it has not ‘locked up’ since I did this. It may be very premature to say this, but it seems that if you send control on a regular basis, the problem doesn’t happen.
I would be interested to hear if others that have the problem use their control feature daily?

@Goose66 This whole thread started when MyQ broke general access to their API.

I just noticed that Ring and MyQ are teamed up such that I can now access MyQ in the Ring app. 

Since we have a Ring NS, can that be a work around to get access to the MyQ data in the Ring app? 

1 hour ago, gzahar said:

After this happened the second time to me, I was going to report the problem. This was before there were many others reporting this issue, so I didn’t know if it was just my device or not. Anyway, first I wanted to try to figure out how often this was happening. To do that, I created a program to ‘blink’ the light on the GDO when it detected I was in the garage. I was hoping this would allow me to catch when the control stopped working as I don’t normally use the that feature often. That has been at least several months ago and it has not ‘locked up’ since I did this. It may be very premature to say this, but it seems that if you send control on a regular basis, the problem doesn’t happen.
I would be interested to hear if others that have the problem use their control feature daily?

I had wondered the same thing.  Just got them reflashed and working so I'm going to create programs that turn their lights on/off in middle of light a couple times to see how long until it happens again