Can we turn on controller back lights?

5 minutes ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are asking for can you be more descriptive?

On an arming panel you could turn on the backlight for say F1 when a light is on or in my case the garage door is open, and of course turn it off based on door position or a light status or whatever.  

On an arming panel you could turn on the backlight for say F1 when a light is on or in my case the garage door is open, and of course turn it off based on door position or a light status or whatever.  
Is that a keypad or touchscreen? I don't think the Elk API gives access to that but I'll look it up.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, btreinders said:

I do this for my garage door also.

In the meantime, you can use ElkRp2 to do this. You can trigger an output when the item (example garage door) is open/closed and then create a rule in ElkRP2 to turn the keys backlight on/off as wanted.

• Like 1
On 3/28/2024 at 6:26 AM, DennisC said:

I do this for my garage door also.

In the meantime, you can use ElkRp2 to do this. You can trigger an output when the item (example garage door) is open/closed and then create a rule in ElkRP2 to turn the keys backlight on/off as wanted.

@DennisC I don't see how to do this in the ElkRp2 software.  Can you describe where that is located?  I don't see a category in the "then" portion of rules that will do this.  I can set an output for the "whenever" portion but I don't see the back light for a function button.  Thank you!

3 hours ago, btreinders said:

@DennisC I don't see how to do this in the ElkRp2 software.  Can you describe where that is located?  I don't see a category in the "then" portion of rules that will do this.  I can set an output for the "whenever" portion but I don't see the back light for a function button.  Thank you!

It has been a long time since I set this up, so I needed to go back and look. 

You can turn on a function key from either a zone or an output. Once you have either the zone or output setup, then go to ElkRP2 - Keypads - Keypad # (you would need to do this for each keypad you want the F key to light for).

In the definable key selection, go to the line that corresponds to the F key you want to light, and select either the zone or output from the drop down under "Illumination Event".

Then place a check mark in the box for that F key under "Blink Light".  If you want, you can invert the light by placing a check mark under "Invert Light".

image.png.52b9bfa11f754ddc160f06f08c1e2a62.png

When finished, don't forget to save and upload to controller.

Edited by DennisC
added save
  • 3 weeks later...