PG3 stopped

dakall
Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

I awoke to a notification that PG3 had stopped during the night. Made sense since none of the early morning routines didn't run. I tried to reboot it via the app. I got a notification that the eisy went offline, and then crickets. I waited about 20 minutes but could not access it via the app or the AC. I could, however, ping it on my network, but could not establish an ssh connection.

I then unplugged it for 15 minutes and reapplied power. It's been 25 minutes now and still no response. I do have the blue light though.

Is there some button combination I can do? Fortunately, I did back it up 2 days ago, so if I end up wiping it, hopefully I can easily restore everything.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by dakall
  • Solution
20 minutes ago, dakall said:

Is there some button combination I can do?

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Eisy:User_Guide#Multi_Function_Button

This describes what the button presses will do. I would try the 5 button push to "reboot" it. Otherwise, go for 6 presses to power it down (if it doesn't shut down after 6 presses and 30-45 seconds it's "hung"). Once the light is red pull the power supply for 20-30 seconds then power it back up.  It it appears "hung" pull the power, wait 20-30 seconds then plug it back in. 

Since you already did a power cycle it might be something to open a support ticket to get some assistance:

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

Can you get admin console to load at all?

Can you load this page in a browser: https://eisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt

(if it doesn't resolve try replacing "eisy.local" with your ip for the eisy.)

Just trying to see if the device is active and online in any form/shape. 

Typically if PG3 goes offline randomly something might have crashed. It should have attempted to recover. The power cycle should have helped (especially since you said you pulled the power for 15 minutes). Since you've got a blue light it appears it might have started up okay, but if PG3 still isn't running something could have hung in the boot.

UPDATE: I started a ticket, and after a few back-and-forth messages with Michel, he decided that a remote session was needed. After about 20 minutes of poking around in the eisy, he showed me there were 2 directories that were showing 49GB in size. He said not only should there nothing that size, he was also unable to open those directories. He said that was signs of the harddrive failing. I had also experienced 3 or 4 strange glitches in the past month, but I was able to reboot and go on as normal. I now wonder if this was the early signs of the drive failure.

UD is sending me a replacement eisy, and hopefully in a couple of days I can have things back to normal. I cannot say enough good things about the service and support I received. A big thank you to Michel and the UD staff.

• Like 1