Robotic lawnmowers

Has anyone tried a robotic mower recently?   I had one quite a few years ago and it was a huge hassle but I’m thinking of trying it again.  There are new ones that don’t use a perimeter wire.  

perhaps someone knows of a discussion forum where I can talk to others who have these mowers and hear their opinions?

I got my robot mower a year ago.  Love it and no boundary wire needed.

Its a Mammotion Luba 1 that uses a RTK unit that you mount on house.  You then map your yard to setup zones.  I manually send it out to mow every other day on my 9K sq ft of Zeon Zoysia  in the Atlanta area.  However you can setup automated tasks.

Mammotion is Chinese company and only around for about two years.  I am very tech and patient.  That is needed on these Robot anything.  I actually have way more problems with maps on my Irobot S9 vacuum and M6 mopping robot.  All these robots are just not plug, play and forget.  But once dialed in are huge labor savers.  Plus cutting my grass every other day has made my grass never look better.  You are not removing alot of the grass each mow.

With that being said, Wife and I love it.  Does great on slopes.  Getting your map dialed in for each zone takes some messing with.  Some users report App as buggy and some have problems with their robots.  Mine works great.

It does not have an API yet so you cant integrate with HA or eisy.

Lots of YouTube videos on it.  There are two good Reddit's on it too at:

1. MammotionTechnology (reddit.com)
  2. Mammotion Tech (reddit.com)

If you are not patient or tech type, then this is not for you as there is no real local support store for it.  In that case you can go with a boundary wire or RTK model Husqvarna but you will pay twice as much.20230926_135643.thumb.jpg.0773c572e3cab7e72b2b4ecedcfc0240.jpgmain.thumb.jpg.c72201af2b24bdb1515faf1447af64e6.jpg

I've had a Robomow 622 (or 624) for 4 years.  Once issue is the LED display is fried - probably my mistake as it does get some hot sun in the morning.  I have to use the app with it.

It does require a perimeter wire which wasn't a dealbreaker for me.

Other than the display (which is an issue), it has worked well for 4 years.