Lost connections

I recently reconfigured my home network and physically moved my ISY994i. When I hooked it up, the ISY has had a small freakout and I've lost most of my dimmer connections. The admin console says it can see the PLM and it is working but on the "Main" column, all Insteon devices are not found (exclamation points). I tried a PLM restore that didn't seem to do anything. Not sure what I did but need to dig back out.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

Did this. PLM has solid green light. ISY has one blue light, no flashing rx/tx like before. When I log into UD Admin Console I get a "failed communication" error for every Insteon device. It is like it does not see anything, my Google integration is gone. Seems like PLM is locked up. Is there a way to reset it? I tried a PLM restore from the admin console but got nothing.

Do you have any red exclamation points or green marks to the left of your devices?

If you right click on a device, then click on restore device what happens. Are you then able to control that device from the admin console?

To do a factory reset on the PLM you need to remove it from power, then press and hold the set button while plugging it in. The PLM will then buzz, continue to hold the set button until the buzzing stops. Then you need to do a restore PLM from the admin console. I'm assuming you have a good and current ISY backup

• Like 1

Yes and will do another. All my devices are red exclamation points. When I log into the administration console I get a barrage of "cannot communicate with xyz device" errors. I'll try the right click and restore thing. If it does not work I will do a PLM reset. Again, thanks for advice.

Are you able to control your Zwave devices?

Click on TOOLS | EVENT VIEWER, set it to level 3. Click on clear, then try to turn on an Insteon device. then post a copy of the event viewer.

Your PLM is unable to communicate with your devices. Take a look at this troubleshooting link

INSTEON: Troubleshooting Communications Errors - Universal Devices, Inc. Wiki (universal-devices.com)

If you have a long extension cord try plugging the PLM into a different outlet. 

THANK YOU!

I moved the PLM and ISY to an entirely different part of the house and it all works. I had tried two different outlets downstairs adjacent to my new shelves for my NAS drives and switches, etc. That was the problem. Now that I have it back, and know the problem, I will try one additional outlet that was recently installed downstairs. An electrician changed an old dryer outlet into two duplex outlets. If these work it would be more convenient. If they don't, I'll neaten up my test setup and keep it there.

Again, thank you. I am moving into a new house and all my network testing gear is an hour and a half away. 

Glad you got it resolved. If you want to move it back then you'll most likely have to put the adjacent electronics on powerline filters. Also make sure your outlets are properly wired with good grounds.

I put a filter on the nearby chest freezer and will try another outlet in the vicinity. I'd really like it to be downstairs with everything else. An odd note, when the PLM was offline, my Insteon lights all flashed at random times. As soon as I got the PLM and ISY up and running , the flashing went away.