Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz 6-Core, 16 GB Memory, Sonoma 14.4.3

loX Launcher : 4.9.0

Firmware: 4.9.0

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz 6-Core, 16 GB Memory, Sonoma 14.4.3

loX Launcher : 4.9.0

Firmware: 4.9.0

UI: 4.9.0

Device: OutLetLinc 2473SWH

Problem: Using the upper (controlled outlet) to control the On/Off status of a connected lamp. Alexa, which has worked successfully for several holiday seasons to control a Christmas tree no longer works. When I access the device in the Admin Console it give me the green icon. When I try to “write updates” after a couple of minutes I get the red apostrophe.

Nevertheless the lamp can be controlled at the OutletLinc device level in the Admin Console level using the On/Off buttons.

The device can also be controlled using a KPL button.

I use the address of the top outlet (2C.18.77) to control its status.

Weird!

Looks to me like I need to try factory resetting the OutletLinc but I cannot find instructions as to how t do so. There is a button in its center which I held until it flashed. The flashing status never changed until I single-tapped the button and turned it off.

I am at a loss.

UI: 4.9.0

Device: OutletLinc 2473SWH

Problem: Using the upper (controlled outlet) to control the On/Off status of a connected lamp. Alexa, which has worked successfully for several holiday seasons to control a Christmas tree no longer works. When I access the device in the Admin Console it give me the green icon. When I try to “write updates” after a couple of minutes I get the red apostrophe.

Nevertheless the lamp can be controlled at the OutletLinc device level in the Admin Console level using the On/Off buttons.

The device can also be controlled using a KPL button.

I use the address of the top outlet (2C.18.77) to control its status.

Weird!

Looks to me like I need to try factory resetting the OutletLinc but I cannot find instructions as to how t do so. There is a button in its center which I held until it flashed. The flashing status never changed until I single-tapped the button and turned it off.

I am at a loss. Any help will be appreciated.

A couple of things:

1. When following @Brian H's advice... did you cut power to the outletlinc, either turning the breaker off or carefully uninstalling and uncapping the hot and reconnecting?

2. I've seen this behavior before, where an Insteon device is malfunctioning; it continues to respond to old programmed links, but can no longer be reconfigured... red Xs, beeping when attempting to make changes. In my experience the device can continued to be used "as is" but no new changes can be accepted to the device itself. Since outletlincs are typically responders, potentially you continue using it even though scene changes appear to fail in iox.

In particular this happened where I used a large, but in spec, load ... landscape light transformer. The landscape lighting transformer's 6' cord was plugged directly into the outletlinc and line noise from it was too much. I had other outletlincs powering larger, in spec, transformers that worked but there was +20' of extension cord in between. I was able to add an extension cord and that helped.

• Can you describe the christmas tree load you are controlling,
  • what type of lights,
  • and are you sure it's within the specs of the outletlinc (check the manual)?