Support thread for: PG3x v3.2.22 (April 16th, 2024)

1 minute ago, Techman said:

@bmercier

What directory are the Audio player MP3 files stored in, can they be downloaded and saved?

They are stored in the node server folder under "data". They can't be downloaded through the UI, but you could access it through SCP. They are included in the PG3 backup.

10 hours ago, Techman said:

@bmercier

What would be the syntax, and directory location, for accessing and downloading the MP3 files. I'd like to save the files created by the TTS. option

I'm not sure where TTS files are located. I was referring to the location where the upload of files is done, and that is in the "data" folder of the node server. 

So, the complete path would be /var/polyglot/pg3/ns/<NS Folder>/data

<NS Folder> is <uuid>_<slot>

The only exception would be if a plugin is installed in developer mode. The data folder will be where the plugin is being developed.

The command to download everything would be something like this:
scp -r root@eisy.local:/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/<Ns Folder>/data/* /local/path

4 hours ago, bmercier said:

I'm not sure where TTS files are located. I was referring to the location where the upload of files is done, and that is in the "data" folder of the node server. 

So, the complete path would be /var/polyglot/pg3/ns/<NS Folder>/data

<NS Folder> is <uuid>_<slot>

The only exception would be if a plugin is installed in developer mode. The data folder will be where the plugin is being developed.

The command to download everything would be something like this:
scp -r root@eisy.local:/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/<Ns Folder>/data/* /local/path

Thank you. I'm getting a "no such directory" response. I'm not using developer mode. Is the slot the one used for the audio player?

37 minutes ago, Techman said:

Thank you. I'm getting a "no such directory" response. I'm not using developer mode. Is the slot the one used for the audio player?

Depends where you installed it. You choose the slot when you install.

On 4/19/2024 at 8:34 PM, Techman said:

@bmercier

When I use "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/<NS Folder>/data" I'm able to get to the directory but I get a permission denied. So I can't see the dataHow do I get past that?

You need to be root. You can use sudo for that.

Either:

sudo ls -l /var/polyglot/pg3/ns/<NS Folder>/data

Or you can go interactive using: sudo -i

On 4/26/2024 at 2:22 PM, Techman said:

@bmercier

Is there a way to backup and restore the Audio Player data directory (just the MP3 files) without doing a full system restore.

If not, could that be an added feature for the next firmware update?

There is not a built-in way to backup that folder, and there are no plans to do it at this time.

Does this come from an upload you do from PG3? If so, just save that zip file somewhere when you make an upload.

1 hour ago, Techman said:

I was thinking in the terms of both an MP3 upload and TTS generated MP3s, the latter which can't easily be saved.

If this does not change too much, you also have the option of a regular PG3 backup.

@bmercier

Prior to uploading my MP3 files I deleted all the default sounds.  When I did the 5.8.3 update I had to restart the audio player as it wouldn't populate and it reinstalled all the default MP3 files which I then had to delete again.  I thought there might be an easy workaround. 

• 3 weeks later...