EISY Irrigation Controller

Rex G
Go to solution Solved by Brian H,

I have a EZ5010A Irrigation Controller that was working up until the 5.8 upgrade was installed.  It no longer works, is it still supported?  I wanted to add this, I had to replace the PLM as well, green light off by the set button

Edited by Rex G
Added PLM issue

More information is needed on "not working".

1. Do you still see it in the device view on admin console?
  2. Is there a red x or green icon next to it?
  3. What happens when you try to control it manually, any errors?

• Like 1

EZ5010A Smartenit EZFlora.

Is most likely a power line only module. As for awhile some did have Dual Band base units used. Is it showing in the Administrative Console. In the drop down list to manually pick the module type or found if you try the add it with the module identifying itself?

Edited by Brian H

I’ve got two of them working with 5.8. At some point since the last irrigation season, scenes that included the device zones had an issue. I had to set the zones Scene On status in the scene. It had become Off and I selected it to On.

• Like 1

If it is in the Administrative Console but you can not control the module.

Another thought if it is a power line only device.  There could be a communication problem between the PLM and the module. You could try as a test. Putting a Dual Band module on the same power circuit and see if things have changed control wise or moving your module to the same circuit as the PLM. As a test.

Edited by Brian H

If you decide to recap your EZFlora module.

Thay used a 2412 base PLM to build their modules but for awhile used the Dual Band 2413 PLM base for their modules. Before going back to the 2412 PLM base when we had the power supply issues with our 2413 PLM's. So yours may have different caps than we see in our 2413 PLM.

So my thoughts on your module being power line only may not be correct if your is one of the modules using the Dual Band base assembly.

Edited by Brian H
Add and correct statements.
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Brian H. sorry for the late reply.  I actually deleted and added this EZFlora back, on the third time is now shows correctly but I found it in the drop down device list.  It shows turning on and off now in Admin with no sprinkler function.

Edited by Rex G
  • Solution

Have you compared the links in the module to the ones in the ISY Administrative console?

Are you turning on and off each individuate sprinkler output. As only one can be on at a time. If you have set output 8 to optional pump control. Is it turning on when any other output is on?

If the outputs are actually going on and off. Have you verified the 24VAC sprinkler valve transformer is working?

• Like 1