How to upgrade to latest IoX version?

The update process you listed would apply only to the Polisy, not the ISY994.  Be sure to backup your Polisy prior to updating. If you have Zwave devices installed then you need to also do a Zwave backup.

Nothing you need to be aware of unless your Polisy is a very early version in which case you may need a bios update as well. If you do the update and everything works then the bios won't be an issue.

20 minutes ago, Techman said:

The update process you listed would apply only to the Polisy, not the ISY994.  Be sure to backup your Polisy prior to updating. If you have Zwave devices installed then you need to also do a Zwave backup.

Nothing you need to be aware of unless your Polisy is a very early version in which case you may need a bios update as well. If you do the update and everything works then the bios won't be an issue.

Do I need to update the ISY994 as well, or just the Polisy?

I have a couple Z wave lamp modules.

I think I got the Polisy right when it was released. How can I tell if it needs a bios update? 

For backing up Polisy, are you referring to "Run IoX Backup" in these instructions?

Sorry for the dumb questions. It's been years since I've used this.

Have you already migrated your ISY to the Polisy?

Which controller are you currently using, i.e. your primary controller, , the Polisy or the ISY?

To backup, click on file, backup IoX. 

To backup Zwave, click on Zwave, backup

1 hour ago, Techman said:

Have you already migrated your ISY to the Polisy?

Which controller are you currently using, i.e. your primary controller, , the Polisy or the ISY?

To backup, click on file, backup IoX. 

To backup Zwave, click on Zwave, backup

I remember setting up nodes like Ring so I guess I set up Polisy. How can I check? Under admin console, I'm only seeing ISY, so I guess I'm using ISY for my primary controller. 

If you've installed the Ring app from the PG3 store then if would have to been on the Polisy.

What are the firmware and UI versions for the ISY994?

Is your Polisy currently connected to your router via ethernet cable?

What device is your PLM connected to?

Is your goal to use the Polisy as your main controller and discontinue the ISY994?

1 hour ago, Techman said:

If you've installed the Ring app from the PG3 store then if would have to been on the Polisy.

What are the firmware and UI versions for the ISY994?

Is your Polisy currently connected to your router via ethernet cable?

What device is your PLM connected to?

Is your goal to use the Polisy as your main controller and discontinue the ISY994?

Firmware version is 5.0.15A. Sorry, where do I find the UI version?

Yes, Polisy is connected to router via ethernet cable.

The PLM is connected to the ISY.

My goal is to upgrade firmware so I can use the UD mobile app to set notifications.

I appreciate your patience. I know my questions are basic. It's just been so long.

Delete your java cache, be sure to check all 3 boxes, then downnlaod the current version of the IoX Launcher from here:

https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

This will place a new IoX Launcher on your desktop

--------------    

Is your goal to retire the ISY and use the Polisy as your main controller?

You'll find the firmware and UI versions in the admin console under HELP |  ABOUT

Does your Polisy have the Zmatter dongle installed?

Does you ISY have the 300 or 500 series Zwave card installed?

On 4/28/2024 at 4:54 PM, Techman said:

Delete your java cache, be sure to check all 3 boxes, then downnlaod the current version of the IoX Launcher from here:

https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

This will place a new IoX Launcher on your desktop

--------------    

Is your goal to retire the ISY and use the Polisy as your main controller?

You'll find the firmware and UI versions in the admin console under HELP |  ABOUT

Does your Polisy have the Zmatter dongle installed?

Does you ISY have the 300 or 500 series Zwave card installed?

I was paying for a subscription to the ISY portal. I don't think I've been paying for that, but just tried and was able to log in. Is that free now?  I don't even remember what the portal is for. Is that still needed?

I didn't realize retiring the ISY is an option. Is there a benefit to using it as the main controller instead of keeping both?

The firmware and UI versions are both v.5.0.15A

Sadly, I don't remember if my Polisy has the Zmatter dongle. How can I confirm? I found my receipt where I ordered the Polisy May 15, 2020 and it was $329.00 if that helps knowing.

How can I find out if I have the 300 or 500 series Zwave card installed on the ISY?

Being that the ISY994 is discontinued and no longer supported you best option is to migrate your Insteon and Zwave to the Polisy. 

The Polisy supports the Zmatter dongle which you have to purchase seperately. The Zmatter dongle supports Zwave, Zigbee and Matter protocols. The Polisy also supports PG3.

In order to migrate Zwave from the ISY to the Polisy, the ISY needs to have the 500 series board. If you have the 300 series then you'll have to rebuild only your Zwave network from scratch on the Polisy. You can tell what board you have by looking at the firmware version in the Zwave menu. 

Being that the Polisy was selling for about $300 when you bought it, you most likely don't have Zmatter installed.

You'll see the Zmatter dongle on this link, scroll down:

UD Store - Universal Devices (universal-devices.com)

ISY994 to Polisy migration instructions:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Eisy:User_Guide#Migration

On 4/29/2024 at 8:06 PM, Techman said:

Being that the ISY994 is discontinued and no longer supported you best option is to migrate your Insteon and Zwave to the Polisy. 

The Polisy supports the Zmatter dongle which you have to purchase seperately. The Zmatter dongle supports Zwave, Zigbee and Matter protocols. The Polisy also supports PG3.

In order to migrate Zwave from the ISY to the Polisy, the ISY needs to have the 500 series board. If you have the 300 series then you'll have to rebuild only your Zwave network from scratch on the Polisy. You can tell what board you have by looking at the firmware version in the Zwave menu. 

Being that the Polisy was selling for about $300 when you bought it, you most likely don't have Zmatter installed.

You'll see the Zmatter dongle on this link, scroll down:

UD Store - Universal Devices (universal-devices.com)

ISY994 to Polisy migration instructions:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Eisy:User_Guide#Migration

In admin console, it says the z-wave version is 6.81.00. Is that the 500 series board? Or am I looking in the wrong place for the firmware version?

Is there a definitive way to determine if my Polisy has Zmatter installed? I doubt it, but would like to know for sure.

The dongle is $126. I'm currently only using three z-wave on/off lamp modules. I'm wondering if it would be less hassle to just get Insteon on/off modules and not migrate z-wave.

Do I need to do anything regarding the below disabled static IP configuration, or am I already set up correctly since Polisy is working?

This migration seems kind of complicated. Also thinking about maybe getting a Hub and using the Director app, but not sure what/if any features I would lose.

Thanks again for your help. Thinking about trying it this weekend.

Static IP:

Starting with Polisy, and due to massive support requests, we have disabled static IP configuration. Please use DHCP reservation in your router instead. The advantage of DHCP reservation is that, in case you change your router, you can still find your eisy/Polisy. Important Note If you have devices pointing to your 994, you will have to update their IP and port#s. For both eisy/polisy, you should use the following ports:

@smarthome_newbie

Zwave version 6.81.00 means that you have the 500 series board installed.

If you click on HELP | ABOUT in your Polisy it will show what modules, i.e. Zwave,  are installed.

Prior to migration you  should update the ISY to the latest firmware which is 5.3.4 :

5.3.4 (ISY994) - Last release for ISY994 - Current Release Announcements - Universal Devices Forum (universal-devices.com)

Be sure to carefully read the migration instructions before migrating. You should also update the Polisy to the latest firmware prior to migrating, and backup all devices before and after firmware updates.

Migrations instructions:   Eisy:User Guide - Universal Devices, Inc. Wiki (universal-devices.com)

On 5/3/2024 at 6:33 PM, Techman said:

@smarthome_newbie

Zwave version 6.81.00 means that you have the 500 series board installed.

If you click on HELP | ABOUT in your Polisy it will show what modules, i.e. Zwave,  are installed.

Prior to migration you  should update the ISY to the latest firmware which is 5.3.4 :

5.3.4 (ISY994) - Last release for ISY994 - Current Release Announcements - Universal Devices Forum (universal-devices.com)

Be sure to carefully read the migration instructions before migrating. You should also update the Polisy to the latest firmware prior to migrating, and backup all devices before and after firmware updates.

Migrations instructions:   Eisy:User Guide - Universal Devices, Inc. Wiki (universal-devices.com)

Stupid question, but how do I log in to Polisy? No option on admin console. I'm trying to see if its has Zwave.

Verify that the Polisy is connected to your Router

It's possible that your IoX Launcher isn't current. Delete your java cache, including checking all 3 boxes which will delete the admin console launcher from your desktop.  Then download the current IoX Launcher from here:   https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

Let me know if you're then able to see the Polisy in the admin console.