No status/value updates for mqtt nodes

SamM
Go to solution Solved by sjenkins,

With the recent updates, I'm not seeing any value updates for my Temp and raw mqtt nodes.  My current setup:

• PG3x Version 3.2.22
  • Frontend Version: 3.2.22
  • IoX Version: 5.8.3
  • MQTT Plugin Version: 0.0.39 - configured to the eisy mqtt broker, and using a devfile for my devices

Looking through the other recent threads, I see the other reports for sonoff switches - so not sure if this is the same problem, or something separate. 

I do see the nodes being created in the Polyglot V3 page for the plugin, and I can observe the mqtt feed updating in MQTT Explorer, but no node values are being updated from the mqtt feed.  Some information from my logs:

DEBUG    Controller:_get_device_address_from_sensor_id: DLT: [{'id': 'tempTurtleL', 'name': 'Turtle Left Temp', 'type': 'Temp', 'status_topic': 'sensor/1wire/28aab8a6161302c2', 'cmd_topic': 'sensor/1wire/28aab8a6161302c2', 'sensor_id': 'SINGLE_SENSOR', 'extra_status_topic': 'sensor/1wire/STATUS10'}, {'id': 'tempTurtleR', 'name': 'Turtle Right Temp', 'type': 'Temp', 'status_topic': 'sensor/1wire/28fe30701b13013f', 'cmd_topic': 'sensor/1wire/28fe30701b13013f', 'sensor_id': 'SINGLE_SENSOR', 'extra_status_topic': 'sensor/1wire/STATUS10'}, {'id': 'HAssStatus', 'name': 'HAss Status', 'type': 'raw', 'status_topic': 'homeassistant/status', 'cmd_topic': 'homeassistant/status'}]
2024-04-28 16:52:53,695 Thread-15  udi_interface      DEBUG    Controller:_get_device_address_from_sensor_id: NODE_ID2: None
2024-04-28 16:52:53,695 Thread-15  udi_interface      DEBUG    Controller:_get_device_address_from_sensor_id: NODE_ID2: None
2024-04-28 16:52:53,695 Thread-15  udi_interface      ERROR    Controller:_on_message: Failed to process message 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'updateInfo'
2024-04-28 16:52:53,695 Thread-15  udi_interface      ERROR    Controller:_on_message: Failed to process message 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'updateInfo'

Please let me know if there is more information that I can supply.

Thanks,

Sam

It seems likely the upgrade introduced corruption. Several solutions were explored in this thread.  

I would suggest you try deleting the existing nodeserver, and then reinstalling it.

If that does not work, after deleting it, use MQTT Explorer (as detailed in the thread) to delete all the nodes except $SYS after deleting the nodeserver, then reinstall v39.

• Solution

for those watching here, potential solves for this are in the beta (non-production) store.

mqtt-poly NOT mqtt

If @SamM verifies he is satisfied, we will call this solved, or take another run at it.

Posted (edited)

Thanks @sjenkins - I can confirm the latest updates on the non-production store do address both Raw and Temp mqtt device types.  Much appreciated!

-Sam

Edited by SamM