Dry contact I/O device

Hi, looking for suggestions for a wired interface for dry contact sensors (door/push button/etc.)  Need something that can have independent input sensing that reports to eisy to be used to run programs, etc.  Would also like the ability to control dry contact ouput (relay) from eisy. AND, I would like multiple channels (4 input, 4 output).

I know, lots of wants, but currently I have sensors hard wired to Insteon door sensors, and RF mode is not so reliable. Would love something hard wired (Global Cache??) that I can setup via a Network Resource (????) Trying to avoid a stack of 2450 I/O Lincs, and z-wave solutions put me back in the RF reliability hole.

For the curious, I have 1 sensor monitoring pool jacuzzi push button, 1 for pool level (via magnetic level switch, one garage door sensor) outputs needed for possible multi-speed pool pump control.

Suggestions?

You seem to want to stay with Insteon for this. If you can find a used EZIO 2X4 it would probably do what you want, but they are no longer made so you would have to find one on ebay or someplace similar. 

EZIO 2x4 Spec Sheet

Posted (edited)

Ok so not quite sure here, Why a door dry contact, not wireless sensor?  If the Insteon RF is too slow can you hardwire an elk alarm integration? Why do you think you need "a stack" of 2450's?

I use the Insteon 2450 but only at the gates.  All of the house doors and windows use hardwired mag sensors or Elk wireless alarm sensors.  The Elk M1 Gold might be your answer for a super sized dry contact sensor that can communicate with the eisy?

For the pool and Jacuzzi water sensors, I can't imagine RF speed is critical unless you are doing some crazy cannonballs and need a quick refill.

For the multi speed pool pump control, I am guessing also multiple pumps?  Most are only two speed and use their own remotes.  We only had one successful big pool integration, and we did that with Crestron via  serial connection.  I know some of the bigger water shows are controlled by Lutron or DMX controllers.  

Pool pumps have a heavy load at start up and most relays can't handle it.  I am guessing you want to use the closure to activate a switch?  There were some ZWave relay systems but I am pretty sure they are off the market, not enough interest.  Maybe you can find a rebuild?  For the pool you may be stuck with something like the Pentair controller. 

Edited by CoolToys
A BIG rethink.

@cmerlino, I know you said no Zwave.  In the past I was of a similar mind.  The new 700 series devices have changed my mind.

Zooz has some very nice relay devices that should work for your application: https://www.getzooz.com/smart-relays/

I use the ZEN51 single relay behind a decora switch to control my milovolt fireplace gas valve.  It's been flawless in my system. 

All of the devices in the link are 700 series EXCEPT the Zen16 (500 series).  I would not recommend it for that reason.