ZMatter and Aeotec Home Energy Meter (ZW095)

Since transitioning from ISY944/500series ZWave to EISY/ZMatter, I have had a problem with ZWave communication failures that affect ZWave communication with my entire ZWave network (20-30 devices) is no longer controllable.  The failure seems to present after a week or two of uptime and I've been "fixing" by rebooting and removing power cycling various components (including the EISY and ZMatter).  Rather than power cycling, today I went looking for clues.  I noted the following based on event logs and behaviors:

• outbound communications from the EISY/ZMatter show failure (in logs).  This is consistent with the observable that device states do NOT change based on commands initiated at UDMobile or admin console.
  • inbound communications do seem to be being received, even when the ability to control ZWave devices is down, and mirrored states are generally being updated based on states changed at ZWave devices. 
  • during normal operation, I would expect periodic and somewhat frequent (once a minute) telemetry from an Aeotec ZW095 Home Energy Meter.  However, during the ZWave down condition, I'm not receiving those.

Today, rebooting EISY and removing/restoring power to the ZW095 seemed to resolve the problem. 

For years my ISY944 was rock solid with the network of the same ZWave devices.  This period human-in-the-loop reboot that I'm now experiencing is not going to work.  For a while, I just assumed that a forthcoming IoX release would fix; however, the failures remain after updating to 5.8.3.  Any ideas? 

How do I open a ticket?  ... and what other data should I try to collect?

You may want to check the connection where the antenna cable connects to the board. I had similar problems and discovered that connection was the problem. The connector on the antenna cable was not making a good connection to the connector on the board.

7 hours ago, automatewhatican said:

Thanks dbuss.  Were you seeing successful reception of Zwave message frames, but failure to transmit? 

I'm sorry. I never checked for that.