Free API Version not working

Posted (edited)

1. Confirmed by installing on test system   2.07 is marked as 2.06 so it keeps thinking it needs an update but I verified the Query command is there so it is the new version.

2. Somehow my Polls got set back to default.  So since yesterday when I updated it never updated forecast.  Still shows Thursday as 0 day and Friday as 1 day when today is friday so it should be Friday as 0 and Saturday as 1.   I updated the polls to the 1800 or whatever it said for the free acount but it may be a bug.  I will PM you my logs because it has my Key, but it is failing Query on Forecast and Query is what you added.  And strange it worked fine until I did the update.

2024-05-17 09:59:28,754 Thread-4 udi_interface ERROR query:_get_weather_data: HTTP request failed for forecast/daily

2024-05-17 09:59:28,754 Thread-4 udi_interface ERROR query:query_forecast: No response object in query response.

Edited by macjeff

I have narrowed this down.   I have used different API keys, different locations, etc and same problem. 

This also may not be from the latest update as my forecast day zero was actually from a WEEK ago on Thursday not this yesterday.

As I said I used different API's but they were all free.  I got another NEW api key and did the 14 day trial and just changed the key in settings   Boom it worked.  Created yet another API key free again and it wont work.  So the issue seems to be with free API KEY.  

I Did try lowering the forecast days to 3 and no luck.  The trial of the full version is working for now.

This appears to be a problem at WeatherBit's end.

There isn't any difference in the API used to query for the data for the different plans.  The plans differ in the limits and what types of data are available.

When requesting a new API key, I see the following:

- While the key is being provisioned, a query will return a message that the key is being provisioned and to wait for that to complete.

- After the key has been provisioned, a query returns an error status of 429.  This is supposed to mean that the request limit has been exceeded, but this is for the first request after provisioning, so the limit has not been reached.  Also, there should be an error message returned, but there is not.

Querying the API key status shows no data, just null values for the key request counts. 

This leads me to believe that there is something broken at WeatherBit.io 

You can check your API key usage status from a browser with:

http://api.weatherbit.io/v2.0/subscription/usage?key=<your api key>

My original free account/API key is working fine as long as I stay under the query limits. 

I have a problem similar to @macjeff's initial post above.  After performing an Update on Weatherbit plugin 2.0.6 and restarting the plugin, it continues to show 2.0.6.  And, in the store, 2.0.7 is shown as available to install.  I've tried the Install option in the store, and have selected  Update from within the plugin dashboard.

31 minutes ago, wrj0 said:

I have a problem similar to @macjeff's initial post above.  After performing an Update on Weatherbit plugin 2.0.6 and restarting the plugin, it continues to show 2.0.6.  And, in the store, 2.0.7 is shown as available to install.  I've tried the Install option in the store, and have selected  Update from within the plugin dashboard.

2.08 is posted and fixes the issue

30 minutes ago, wrj0 said:

The main file didn't get updated with the new version number.  But that's the only change in that file so even though it still says 2.0.6, it really is running the 2.0.7 version.

2.0.8 is now in the store that fixes this and adds some better error reporting.

for the other issue-

Good news.  My key from earlier and all other keys started giving a 429 (they are hours old so should not be getting 429 but looks like all the keys from today were disabled)

Created new keys and they work now.  So they must have disabled the old key.

I still have the trial account and want to delete the other test accounts as the one working is under an old email I had to use to create it, but it wont let me for 28 more hours.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

The main file didn't get updated with the new version number.  But that's the only change in that file so even though it still says 2.0.6, it really is running the 2.0.7 version.

2.0.8 is now in the store that fixes this and adds some better error reporting.

2.0.8 is working fine.  Though I did have to reset the default poll values from what I had previously saved.  Many thanks, Bob.

Edited by wrj0