What is "Process Message: Failed"?

ergodic

I'm having trouble with a motion sensor. It isn't scene-linked, just runs programs for the on/off states.

It stopped working reliably a few days ago. I've done a restore-device on the KPL device the program controls, the MS itself, and a PLM restore but it hasn't helped. Running 2.7.15.

When the MS triggers, the event log sees it, but it logs events like these:

Sun 05/23/2010 11:58:57 PM : [iNST-SRX ] 02 50 11.9B.5A 00.00.01 C7 11 01 LTONRR (01): Process Message: failed

I can post the whole sequence if it is helpful. 11.9B.5A is the address of the MS. I'm hoping maybe this points to something, but I don't know what the "Process message: failed" signifies.

Hi ergodic,

I would not worry about this message if the previous message states "duplicate". In short, all RF devices send the same message more than once. ISY filters out those that are duplicates.

Reliability issues with Motion Sensors are usually related to the Access Points or the battery.

With kind regards,

Michel

OK, thanks. That's actually very helpful to know since I see those from time to time and always wonder if it's a problem.

There are "duplicate message"s in there. I tried the battery (twice). This is in the garage where the cabling cabinet is located so the AP at the PLM is only about 8' across the room. It flashes for the MS and obviously the ISY is aware of it since there are event messages. The load it's controlling works fine otherwise and the ISY can query and change it. Kind of a mystery.

I'm going to try another MS and maybe just finesse the problem away. It's the only problem I'm having that I know of.

Your #2: The device wasn't reliably responding.

FWIW I found the problem - in the garage where the MS is located I have two FilterLincs stacked together for the lighting circuit. Remarkably, I found one alone wasn't enough to clean out all the fluorescent noise from the electronic ballasts.

When I worked on the garage door opener recently I had to unplug them. When I reconnected them up, I'd plugged the second into the "Always On" of the first, instead of its filter output. Noise in the line = quick death to stable Insteon.

Case closed. Thanks for your help.

Archived