"snooze" Ring notifications

Go to solution Solved by oberkc,

I currently get notifications of motion via the ring app. I would love to be able to control these via "snooze" with the ISY. 

Does the API allow access to these settings? Would this be a feature enhancement of the current Plug-in? 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Did you ever get an answer? 

On a similar question: I would like to be able to SNOOZE my RING cameras via the API/PG3 node based upon a state of my home alarm system being in the DISARM state. I can produce the DISARM state for the alarm but dont see how I can use the RING node to SNOOZE my cameras. Does it exist?

• Like 1
  • Solution

While this does not answer the question directly, there might be another option...

First, disable the notifications via the Ring app.

Second, create a notification in IoX, triggered by the Ring motion sensor.  (This notification could certainly be paused by whatever method you have in mind.)

Third, send this notification to your phone via UD Mobile.  (May require the notification plug-in in Polyglot.)

I do not recall a means to pause Ring notifications via ISY.  I believe the Ring app allows notifications to be set only to occur within a defined timeframe, but that is the extent of my recollection.

• Like 1