New program not working ,multiple time stamp entries in log

I was trying to troubleshoot a program I was creating and I had to use the event viewer to look at device communications between Insteon dimmer switches.  I cleared the log,  it and went on to my trouble shooting. When I came back to look at the log, this line appeared 487 times with the same time stamp. There was some insteon traffic mixed in. I did not want to post the entire log as it was 27 pages of mostly that time stamp line.

Mon 06/24/2024 05:08:51 AM : [            Time] 05:08:56 1(0)

Why is this happening? I can't get my new program to work, yet, but I am curious that this might be part of the problem.

The program I wrote was just a simple turn a group of scenes off when I press a button on a 6 button insteon dimmer switch. 

image.png.62d6fcfb6e42eb28cb580c2e8655728b.png

I have attached part of the log showing the communication and it has some of the strange time stamp entry, most of which I cut out. I tried several of the buttons in the switch to see if the viewer would pick up any of them. program did not run. other programs seem to be running OK.

??

Eisy log 6-24-24 edit.docx

2 hours ago, Michaelv said:

I was trying to troubleshoot a program I was creating and I had to use the event viewer to look at device communications between Insteon dimmer switches.  I cleared the log,  it and went on to my trouble shooting. When I came back to look at the log, this line appeared 487 times with the same time stamp. There was some insteon traffic mixed in. I did not want to post the entire log as it was 27 pages of mostly that time stamp line.

Mon 06/24/2024 05:08:51 AM : [            Time] 05:08:56 1(0)

Why is this happening? I can't get my new program to work, yet, but I am curious that this might be part of the problem.

The program I wrote was just a simple turn a group of scenes off when I press a button on a 6 button insteon dimmer switch. 

I have attached part of the log showing the communication and it has some of the strange time stamp entry, most of which I cut out. I tried several of the buttons in the switch to see if the viewer would pick up any of them. program did not run. other programs seem to be running OK.

??

Eisy log 6-24-24 edit.docx 18.04 kB · 1 download

Your program is written to trigger on "FAST ON".  You are executing a standard "ON" at the switch. 

Sending that many insteon commands back-to-back will create collisions on the insteon network, doing it 5 times will be worse.

If they are all insteon devices, you can create an insteon scene for this and no program will be necessary

Ok, I will back off on the repeats. The problem I encountered with making the scenes work is that it would not let me use that single button as a controller for the four different scenes I want to run at the same time. I could make one scene with all those nodes in it but that would be over 70 nodes. Would that be too many nodes for one scene?

2 hours ago, Michaelv said:

Mon 06/24/2024 05:08:51 AM : [            Time] 

05:08:56 1(0
)

??

Eisy log 6-24-24 edit.docx 18.04 kB · 1 download

Expand  

Your program is written to trigger on "FAST ON".  You are executing a standard "ON" at the switch. 

Yes, I wrote the trigger as fast on but when I tried to check the communication with event viewer, I only tapped the button once to see if there was communication. I tried the fast on command several times before I posted this topic and it did not work.

2 hours ago, Michaelv said:

Yes, I wrote the trigger as fast on but when I tried to check the communication with event viewer, I only tapped the button once to see if there was communication. I tried the fast on command several times before I posted this topic and it did not work.

So you posted a program and logs from actions that you knew WOULD NOT WORK.  Thanks for including that little detail in your post.

Have a nice life.