Notifications for Dummies questions

Go to solution Solved by Jimbo.Automates,

Hi, found your PDF from this thread: https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/42748-notifications-for-dummies/#comment-377486

I'm unclear if my plugin installation is proper, but some things don't line up in the screenshots compared to mine. 

For instance, in the plugins displayed in the dashboard in PG3x, I have the Notification plugin, but not the ISY Portal. 

In the section "Notification Controller Testing" starting on Page 4, I have a UD Mobile Device, however it does not look as in the screenshot on page 5. (Screenshot from PDF) Instead, to the EISY, it looks like a dimmer. (second screenshot). 

image.thumb.png.7ae70f8412f5c3a610c7655b41145bb5.png

image.thumb.png.2621bac7805df70088b143948091523a.png

At this point, I'm unclear if my installation is correct. Any ideas?

33 minutes ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

Did you close and restart the Admin Console after installing the Notifications plugin?

That did the trick, re: UD Mobile "device". It now looks like it's supposed to. Clicking on a test message in the Admin Console sends a message to UD Mobile on my phone. Thank you.

Still don't see the ISY Portal plugin on the PG3x dashboard though. Is that plugin part of the Notification plugin or is it supposed to be installed by UD?

2 minutes ago, Nestor said:

Still don't see the ISY Portal plugin on the PG3x dashboard though. Is that plugin part of the Notification plugin or is it supposed to be installed by UD?

No, that has nothing to do with Notifications.  I think it's used for geolocation, but you can do that with UDM now.