How to add all 4 channels in Sonoff 4CH Pro to appear in MQTT NS?

Go to solution Solved by TriLife,

I'm new to MQTT. I have a Sonoff 4CH Pro (4 relays) that I have been controlling using the eISY network resources. Time to grow up and transition over to using MQTT as I swap out hardware that is no longer manufactured. 

Following xKing and @TriLife's instructions on various threads, I was able to set up eisy's Mosquitto as broker and a .yadl file to define the device. Wasn't sure whether I should create one device and somehow the broker would let MQTT know there are 4 devices, or if I should create 4 devices. I tried it both ways and am stuck with only one controllable relay of the 4.

In the Sonoff Tasmota web interface, it shows a few topics I've tried using (tasmota_%6X, tasmotas, and tasmotas_725533). Only tasmotas_725533 produces a node that allows me to send on/off commands, and only to the 1st channel/relay in the 4CH Pro. 

image.thumb.png.ad3d2dabf0252b478b87e67c7f0af324.png

Here's the device list in my .yaml file below. I'm guessing I need a different topic path for each channel but can't figure out how to find them. I searched through the Tasmota documentation for this device and various forums but didn't turn anything up.

devices:

- id: "SO1_DesVenOpen"
  name: "Sonoff4CH1_DesVent_open"
  type: "switch"
  status_topic: "stat/tasmota_725533/POWER"
  cmd_topic: "cmnd/tasmota_725533/POWER"
- id: "SO2_DesVenClos"
  name: "Sonoff4CH2_DesVent_close"
- id: "SO3_LoRoofOpen"
  name: "Sonoff4CH3_LoRoof_open"
- id: "SO4_LoRoofClos"
  name: "Sonoff4CH4_LoRoof_close"

Any help is appreciated.

• Solution
6 hours ago, cosyn said:

I'm new to MQTT. I have a Sonoff 4CH Pro (4 relays) that I have been controlling using the eISY network resources. Time to grow up and transition over to using MQTT as I swap out hardware that is no longer manufactured. 

Following xKing and @TriLife's instructions on various threads, I was able to set up eisy's Mosquitto as broker and a .yadl file to define the device. Wasn't sure whether I should create one device and somehow the broker would let MQTT know there are 4 devices, or if I should create 4 devices. I tried it both ways and am stuck with only one controllable relay of the 4.

In the Sonoff Tasmota web interface, it shows a few topics I've tried using (tasmota_%6X, tasmotas, and tasmotas_725533). Only tasmotas_725533 produces a node that allows me to send on/off commands, and only to the 1st channel/relay in the 4CH Pro. 

image.thumb.png.ad3d2dabf0252b478b87e67c7f0af324.png

Here's the device list in my .yaml file below. I'm guessing I need a different topic path for each channel but can't figure out how to find them. I searched through the Tasmota documentation for this device and various forums but didn't turn anything up.

devices:

- id: "SO1_DesVenOpen"
  name: "Sonoff4CH1_DesVent_open"
- id: "SO2_DesVenClos"
  name: "Sonoff4CH2_DesVent_close"
- id: "SO3_LoRoofOpen"
  name: "Sonoff4CH3_LoRoof_open"
- id: "SO4_LoRoofClos"
  name: "Sonoff4CH4_LoRoof_close"

Any help is appreciated.

Hi, you're close!

Replace "POWER" with "POWER1", ..2 ..3 .. 4. For each switch you're trying to control...

In case you need to controll ALL on/off, create a 5th device and use "POWER0".

I'm away from my computer right now. You might want to follow the instructions on lower/upper case for POWER... Tasmota doesn't care, but the MQTT plug-in might.

• Like 1

That worked! Thanks so much. I wouldn't have figured that out from the Tasmota command list. And thanks for taking over developing this NS from xKing! It's really a boon after many Insteon-based manufacturers have fallen.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cosyn said:

That worked! Thanks so much. I wouldn't have figured that out from the Tasmota command list. And thanks for taking over developing this NS from xKing! It's really a boon after many Insteon-based manufacturers have fallen.

I'll make sure to add this to the instructions on the next iteration.