I didn't see anywhere else to ask this question. I've been using the 994i for many years and recently upgraded to EISY. I had the same problem with the 994i. Now it's really getting  annoying! I change the theme to something I can ACTUALLY see but, it changes back all the time. I'm sick of the Pink/Blue theme! How do I change it and have it be permanent?

I upgraded to 5.8.4, from 5.8.0, and that went well. However,  openweathermap didn't show any climate information? I got a message about upgrading again so I thought maybe there was a patch after the upgrade? Anyway, after I said ok to the upgrade I waited about a 1/2 hour with no indication of what my eisy was doing. I rebooted and now I can ping it but the IoX finder won't find it. I added my IP https://192.168.1.xxx:8443/desc to the finder with no success. I have rebooted a couple times with the button without success. Any ideas? Should I do a factory restore?

Posted (edited)

After I upgraded I did clear the java cache and it worked fine. This morning I logged in to check the theme and, my openweathermap quit working so I was going to reboot but I got a diag message telling me to upgrade. I thought it was strange but I did it anyway (what was I thinking) I waited for 1/2 hour or so but didn't get any response from the eisy. I finally rebooted and now I can't get to it.

I can ping it but the IoX finder won't find it. I added my IP https://192.168.1.xxx:8443/desc to the finder with no success. I have rebooted a couple times with the button without success. Also, I was wondering about the state of the system so I attached a Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse and was able to login. The only thing I noticed in /var/log/messages was several WARNING(s) about /etc/rc: failed to start ud_pkg_stat, isy and cron.  Also,  /usr/bin/nice:  undefined symbol "__libc_start1@FBSD _1.7" Any ideas? Should I do a factory restore?

Edited by tlhilton