Baldwin (Kwikset) Z-wave lock just shows as "Entry Control"

Go to solution Solved by Steve L,

Two years ago, I bought and installed a Baldwin Touchscreen entry lock, which has the guts of a Kwikset 916. I had no trouble adding it to the ISY994 I had at the time, and it migrated fine to an EISY.

Today I bought a second of the same model, but when I added it as a device, all that shows up is "Entry Control" and none of the actual useful nodes I see for the old one. I tried enabling Compatibility Mode, removed and re-added it multiple times, to no effect. This is what I see now:

Screenshot2024-07-18142230.png.877eddc157c026cc85729df31aebd407.png

026 is my old lock, 068 the new one. I've also attached the debug log from adding. There must be something I am missing - please help.

ISY-Events-Log.v5.8.4__Thu 2024.07.18 01.21.47 PM.txt

What nodes are missing that you need? What device nodes display in the admin console window?

It appears that you added the lock in the S0 (non-secure) mode rather than the S2 (secure) mode.  

The eisy uses a different zwave chipset the the ISY. It's also possible that the device firmware may be different between your 2 devices which could explain the display difference between the 2 locks.

Zwave devices will quite often install numerous nodes of which some may not be applicable. This is due to the fact the different hubs support and require different nodes. You can just ignore the nodes that you're not using and/or move them into a folder, which you could call unused nodes, so you don't have to look at them.

Posted (edited)

I am missing all the nodes that let me control and view the state of the lock - lock, unlock, set codes, view battery level, etc. I show a screenshot of what admin is showing me. The 026 devices has the nodes I want, the 068 does not. This lock does not support S2. 

Edited by Steve L
19 hours ago, Techman said:

The only other option I can suggest is to remove the lock, do a factory reset on the lock then re-install it.

If that doesn't resolve the problem then it's best to open a support ticket as it's possible that the lock isn't fully supported by the eisy

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

Hello,  I ran into the same problem with a Kwikset model 206.   I have 4 locks (all new).  The first two added fine but the 2nd two added as 'entry control" devices that are not controllable.    I raised a ticked two days ago but  have not heard back.   I spent allot money on these locks because i have used them in the past with no issues.  Would appreciate any suggestions.  I have done a factory reset of the devices but have not done a reset of the dongle (because i don't understand what that would do).   

• Solution
Posted (edited)

My case, at least, was self-inflicted by not carefully reading the instructions. The lock has a central round "Program" button, and two other buttons generally labeled A and B in the instructions. I had been pressing the Program button when adding the lock, but this was incorrect - I should instead have pushed the A button (upper left corner) as directed in the instructions. When I did this, all the nodes got properly added. One does need to clean out the old nodes first.

Since this was my second lock, I assumed I knew what to do, but it had been two years and you know what they say about "assume".

Edited by Steve L
  • Like 1