No-Show: TriSensor 8 Battery Level

Go to solution Solved by Techman,

eisy v5.8.4, Z-Wave, Aeotec TriSensor 8

Battery Level does not appear/report for my TriSensor 8s, but it does for my TriSensor 5s.  Node info for my two TriSensor 5s say:

<property name="" uom="51" formatted="77%" value="77" id="BATLVL"/>

<property name="" uom="51" formatted="100%" value="100" id="BATLVL"/>

However, the TriSensor 8s both say

<property uom="0" formatted=" " value="" id="BATLVL"/>

The 8s both do report temperature and luminance, but Event Viewer shows entries like this for the 8s (never for the 5s):

[ZWAVE-CTL-EVENT ] Basic Set from 18.0 unmapped (ignored)

How can I get the TriSensor 8s to report their battery level?

• Solution
Posted (edited)

@GHenry

It appears that the battery level may not be reported until the level changes. You can also try waking up the sensor by holding the set button down for 3 seconds then query the sensor.  If that doesn't work then contact Aeotec support, they're very responsive.

The folllowing is from Aeotec

Battery level will be checked every time the device wakes up. These includes the wake-up timer, motion trigger, button click. When the battery state changed, a battery report command will be sent to the controller

Engineering Spec - Aeotec TriSensor 8.pdf

Edited by Techman

You again!  Thanks again for the quick response!  When I got the blue flash and clicked query several times on the 8s (close to the eisy), I always got the attached dialog from the eisy; meanwhile, the Event Viewer always shows

[ZWAVE-TEST-AWAKE 17] Device 17 is not awake

So, following your lead, I did the ultimate wake-up:  I removed the battery for 10s, replaced it, and clicked Query, and both devices now report battery (one was 95%, so it failed to report on change).

Thank you again for your help.

temp.jpg