Rachio Plugin Changes

Rachio Plugin Users,

The first change I intend to make with the Rachio plugin is to use the Portal for webhooks instead of requiring opening a local port.  I plan to get rid of support for using a local port and I hope nobody has an issue with this.

For any other requests please add an issue on the udi-rachio-poly issues page, but if you don't have a github account you can mention the issue in this thread and I'll try to keep track of them.

- Jim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 7/31/2024 at 7:05 PM, Jimbo.Automates said:

use the Portal for webhooks instead of requiring opening a local port.

Thank you. I don't have a lot of rules, but one of them is: No ports open on my router.

• Like 1
My only request is what I think kicked this off - to be able to see the status if Rachio is currently watering or not (Watering On/Off).
Thank you for taking this project on!
Hopefully my changes will help you. I'm going to assume that you didn't open a port on your router as detailed in the instructions so the rachio plugin only updates the current status on longPoll. It queries the rachio service in longPoll to get the latest status, but if you have the port open and working then it will update status within a second or two. You can't make it poll more often because rachio will block you once you hit the daily limit. My changes will use the UDI portal instead of having to open a local port.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

Hopefully my changes will help you. I'm going to assume that you didn't open a port on your router as detailed in the instructions so the rachio plugin only updates the current status on longPoll. It queries the rachio service in longPoll to get the latest status, but if you have the port open and working then it will update status within a second or two. You can't make it poll more often because rachio will block you once you hit the daily limit. My changes will use the UDI portal instead of having to open a local port.

In the legacy 4.0.4 version I did have the port open and forwarding - without it if I recall not much worked (I don't think it would see any of the zones or programs for sure).  I just upgraded to 5.0.1 and am having the same issue with the status not changing without a manually query.  I don't want to hijack this thread so I will post back on my original Status Update post.  Thank you again for picking this up @Jimbo.Automates

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to be clear: if I buy the new version and install it in the same slot as version 4.04 and I already have an eISY setup with online access, then everything will just work using the old configuration and I can stop forwarding port 3001 through my router, right?

You will only need your API Key.  Copy if just in case so you can drop it in the config but yes, you do not need port forwarding anymore once you upgrade.  You also need to make sure you have remote access enabled:  

• PG3 remote access must be configured and active. To configure this, login to My ISY, and under your ISY, use: Select tools | PG3 | Remote Connection
  • Like 2