Everything posted by JTsao
-
eISYIR Plugin, Flirc, eisy-lite on Harmony Remote
FWIW, I was using a Harmony Hub Companion Remote with the eISYIR Plugin+Flirc and also I used the Hue Emulator and Virtual Plugins to support harmony remote control of the eISY, but recently started using the Sofabaton X2 and it eliminates the need for all of those plugins because it can natively execute a REST command to the eISY
-
Network Resources
Sorry if this has already been asked, but where in eisy-ui are the "Network Resources"?
-
Harmony Software Crashes when assigning button
Sorry for the bad write-up - the Harmony Software crashes, not the eISY or node server - so I can't assign the Hue Emulator Scenes (with spoken=1) to the home control buttons
-
Harmony Software Crashes when assigning button
I cleaned up my hue emulator setup, turned off a lot of unnecessary SPOKEN=1 devices and renamed some of the scenes. Now when I attempt to assign a Hue Emulator Scene to a harmony companion home control button, the software crashes. I have tried a lot of things, but can't get it to work. This is with two different hubs. Anyone else experience this and have a work around (hopefully not factory resetting the harmony hub)?
-
EISY 6.0.5
Any updates on this? (Still running 6.0.4 and OK with that, but was wondering when it will be OK to attempt an upgrade)
-
ZSE50 - Power Outage Detection
OK thanks - that's how I've coded it for now - maybe there's an issue with eisy if my eisy shows "AC mains reconnected" as a valid status item for triggering programs but never can detect it
-
ZSE50 - Power Outage Detection
Has anyone else used this device (Zooz ZSE50)? It has a built in battery and can detect power outages and recovery. (Obviously, your eisy needs to be on a battery backup in order to report a power outage.) There are two power alarm states that you can use to trigger programs - "AC Mains Disconnected", or "AC Mains reconnected" - however, only the "AC Mains Disconnected" status seems to work. Has anyone else seen the reconnect status work?
-
Best way to remove zwave device with broken button?
Thanks for replying - the ghost devices showing up in the neighbors list, for the most part, are not going away - I had 7 of 30 devices with at least one ghost neighbor - one of them with a single ghost neighbor updated and now has no ghost neighbors, but the other 6 still have one or more ghosts - I was hoping that there was a way to SSH into the eisy and do something to purge all of the ghosts - it's looking like I may have to exclude and re-include some devices - this seems like a bug with ZMatter, but at least all of the devices seem to be working
-
Best way to remove zwave device with broken button?
I took a total of 7 Minoston ZP21D's out of service, 5 by excluding - I was finally able to get Zwave->Remove Failed Node to work for the other two, at least the AC did something and they went away, but an error message appeared at the end - Now, unfortunately, I have some of the removed devices appearing in the list of neighbors for some of my remaining z-wave devices - heal network does not make them go away - any advice on how to remove devices from the neighbors list? Is this a problem, or should I just ignore?
-
Best way to remove zwave device with broken button?
I have two Minoston ZP21D on off plugs where the button has seized up - I want to take them out of service, but I can't press the button 3X to exclude them - I tried Zwave->Remove Failed Node and get an error message - I want to remove these without leaving any ghost devices - what is the best way to remove them? right click->delete?
-
EISY 6.0.5
Let us know where you end up - I also had problems and Michel remotely fixed my eisy, but I am now on version 6.0.4 - he also asked me for my Z-wave device count and briefly mentioned a z-wave issue (but I don't know specifically what that was) - so I'm wondering when it will be safe to attempt a future update - I am not going to try until I hear that the issues, whatever they are, are fixed
-
EISY 6.0.5
I think it was 6.0.3 based on the name of the backup file - now, thanks to Michael K I am back up and running, but not on the latest version - now on 6.0.4
-
EISY 6.0.5
After re-reading this - I think that I'm in the same state - opened a ticket UPDATE: was able to access AC after pasting "https://eisy.local:8443/desc" into IoX finder because it wouldn't find the eisy, programs would not load, did a "restart IoX" from the Config page, but now I seem to be in an infinite loop where the AC says "Initializing System going from 0-100%" with a dialog box indicating "Completing Initialization" and this just repeats indefintely
-
EISY 6.0.5
Tried to update and now the admin console says "Completing Initialization" for a long time, followed by something like unable to load IoX nodes and then prompted to exit the AC -followed by the AC not being detected/accessible at all - cycled power multiple times but it leads to the same state and the eisy is not working - I can ssh into the eisy, though but don't know what to do to recover wish I didn't attempt this software update
-
IoX always ask to verify DSK at startup
I guess I'll answer my own question - re-booting the eisy seems to have fixed the problem, but I still have some zwave and zigbee "ghost devices" that I cannot figure out how to delete - these show up under zwave->xray->DH All devices
-
IoX always ask to verify DSK at startup
Whenever I start up the IoX admin console, I get prompted to verify the DSK for a zwave device that I have previously excluded and should otherwise not exist - it is acting as if the inclusion/add device process is still in-progress - the device cannot be found anywhere in the IoX admin console and does not show up under Z-wave->xray->DH All Devices - the device in question is a Enbrighten ceiling fan control switch - I have another one of these which does not exhibit this problem - does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
-
Cannot remove ghost devices (ZWave and Zigbee)
I have 3 ZWave and 2 Zigbee ghost devices that I cannot remove - for the Zigbee devices, I have tried "Synchronize New and Deleted with Interview" then select the devices and do "remove from Zigbee Network", then "delete" but that doesn't work - for the ZWave devices I did "Synchronize New and Deleted with Interview" then select the devices and "remove failed node" - that results in the following error "LIB_DRIVERS-UYZ_GEN_ERR_9_BODY" - is there another way to delete these ghost devices? (BTW - performing a "delete" when selecting the device will make it disappear from the admin console, but I can see that all the devices still exist under xray->DH ALL DEVICES and the zwave devices show up when doing a "heal network", then "Synchronize New and Deleted" will make them re-appear)
-
How do I remove bogus zwave devices?
In my case, the devices are not present where other devices are located in the admin panel - they appear to exist in the debug window when doing (1) Heal Network and also (2) when you select a z-wave device and do Xray->DH All Devices - then they also show up - so I just can't right click and delete - that is the problem
-
How do I remove bogus zwave devices?
I've got at least 3 Zwave devices that show up when trying to do a heal network that are not there - ZY033, ZY035, ZY044 - they also show up doing a DH All Devices under XRay, but other than that there don't show up anywhere else - how do I go about deleting these without having to reset the ZMatter dongle?
-
Zooz ZEN05 8800LR Outdoor Plug
Oh no - I recently added 3 Zooz devices and left the secure inclusion checkboxes enabled - when prompted for the PIN, I just made one up - all 3 devices seem to work fine, but I did see that pop-up one time - is there any way to check which z-wave devices were included securely vs. unsecurely? If secure inclusion is going to cause problems, then I'm good with non-secure as I just want things to work...
- Thermostat Recommendation Needed
-
IOX 6 Upgrade Risks or Issues?
I upgraded a couple of weeks ago with no issues - the only minor thing is that the admin console login method changes to your isy portal login - unless you manually add a URL to IoX finder to login the old way
-
Having to reboot Vue every 3ish days
Here's some more detail from the log file in case it's useful: 2025-10-29 07:16:01.229 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: ^ 2025-10-29 07:16:01.229 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b90260ee_12/pyemvue/pyemvue.py", line 98, in get_device_list_usage 2025-10-29 07:16:01.229 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: response.raise_for_status() 2025-10-29 07:16:01.229 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b90260ee_12/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 953, in raise_for_status 2025-10-29 07:16:01.230 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self) 2025-10-29 07:16:01.230 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: requests.exceptions 2025-10-29 07:16:01.230 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: . 2025-10-29 07:16:01.230 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: HTTPError 2025-10-29 07:16:01.230 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: : 2025-10-29 07:16:01.230 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: https://api.emporiaenergy.com/AppAPI?apiMethod=getDeviceListUsages... 2025-10-29 07:16:01.231 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: 2025-10-29 07:16:01.231 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: Traceback (most recent call last): 2025-10-29 07:16:01.231 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/threading.py", line 1045, in bootstrapinner 2025-10-29 07:16:01.231 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: self.run() 2025-10-29 07:16:01.231 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/threading.py", line 982, in run 2025-10-29 07:16:01.232 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs) 2025-10-29 07:16:01.232 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b90260ee_12/vue.py", line 56, in poll 2025-10-29 07:16:01.232 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: vue.login(username=username, password=password) 2025-10-29 07:16:01.232 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b90260ee_12/pyemvue/pyemvue.py", line 245, in login 2025-10-29 07:16:01.232 Thread-197 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: self.customer = self.get_customer_details(self.username)
-
Having to reboot Vue every 3ish days
I've been having issues with this nodeserver for a few months - my programs to send a push message when charging starts, stops and when the charging rate changes haven't been working - since this is not critical, I haven't really investigated but I am seeing 500 errors in the debug.log (below) 2025-10-27 00:25:10.849 Thread-4108 (poll) udi_interface ERROR vue:poll: SP query failed: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: https://api.emporiaenergy.com/AppAPI?apiMethod=... 2025-10-27 00:25:13.712 Thread-4108 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: Exception in thread 2025-10-27 00:25:13.712 Thread-4108 (poll) udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: Thread-4108 (poll)and errors in the install.log (below) ERROR: pip's dependency resolver does not currently take into account all the packages that are installed. This behaviour is the source of the following dependency conflicts. gtts 2.5.4 requires requests<3,>=2.27, but you have requests 2.26.0 which is incompatible.
-
Do all ZMatter modules support Z-Wave Long Range?
After reading that and noting that Zooz is now selling Zwave 800 series (=LR?) products - is it possible that UD is using confusing terminology and that the ZMatter is not a Zwave 800 series LR device? From the UD website (see below) - note that it only mentions Zwave 700 series with possibly higher power? Z-Wave+ (Long Range) Enhanced Range Start enjoying the enhanced range afforded by high caliber external antennas (on the sides) in conjunction with SiLab’s 700 series Z-Wave and Zigbee/Matter radios.