Replacing PLM 2413s with new PLM 2413s

45 minutes ago, IndyMike said:

Please perform your due diligence before jumping to a new technology/protocol.  You're accustomed to Insteon and it's very different from the "other" protocols. 

Rather than jade you with my preconceptions, I would encourage you to read up on WIFI, Zigbee and Zwave protocols.  They all have their + and - and I use all of them. 

Insteon is extremely effective for lighting (scenes and the like).  Very few other protocols can match it.

Other protocols are far better at security and power (battery devices).

Well right now I do have a mix of Insteon devices which I started with many years ago, but also wifi devices, both indoor and outdoors. I have a mesh network across my property in the 2.4 band so all of the wifi de idea have been working well. All of them are integrated into Amazon Alexa which is mostly the only controller I use with the exception of daily schedules for turning on/off lights at dusk etc. The only insteon device that will be tricky to replace is the garage door opener as it took some clever programming with "if then else" calling the "then" parts of other programs. There are way more options for garage doors now then there was years ago. 

I know it sounds like I have made up my mind but I haven't yet. 

Regards the x10/A10 module, I didn't experience any issues moving config to a pro unit that did not have the module installed. I used to use X10 as virtual devices  which was handy for controlling stuff from UD Mobile / Mobilinc. The device tree still showed the X10 device but it was presented as exclamations. They were delete-able.

Edited by mango

After some aggravation, I decided to dump my ISY994 and go with wifi appliance and light controllers instead. The cost of a new eisy was way too much and even though I could get a used ISY994 relatively cheap, I would still have to pay to migrate my features to it. All of this would have cost more than the wifi modules I bought to replace my Insteon devices. I can create the same schedules in Amazon Alexa with the wifi devices that I had in my Insteon. I returned the PLM I purchased also since the problem appears to be with my ISY994. 

I do want to thank all of you though for being so helpful in trying to diagnose the issue between my ISY and the PLM. You are a great community.