Ring Plugin - Controlling Flood Light

mdecou

Hi all,

I have a ring system successfully connected to my polisy pro, including a ring floodlight camera.    I have the floodlight setup to turn on and off as part of a scene.    This works correctly most of the time, however, occasionally I find that the light is off when the scene is on.   My suspicion is that when motion is detected by the floodlight camera, the light timer takes over and shuts the light off when it expires due to no motion.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation, and if so, is there a successful fix or workaround?

The only thing I have come up with is running a loop program that repeatedly turns the floodlight on every minute while the associated scene is on, and turn the floodlight off when the scene is turned off.

thanks for any feedback.

I use a doorbell camera.

A suggestion is to write an iox program that detects the motion. Then let it call a second program to turn the light on, use a wait statement ,and then shut the light off. By detecting only "on", the effects of the light won't effect operation. 

Here's my first program that detects motion. It calls a second program that turns various lights on, waits (randomly) and shuts them off. The point is, once motion is detected, the second program runs regardless of the motion sensor going back off:

Front Motion Detected-1 - [ID 0027][Parent 0002]

If
        'Lighting Premise / Front Door (Motion)' is switched Motion
    And From     9:30:00PM
        To      Sunrise - 30 minutes (next day)
    And 'Lighting Premise / Seasonal Lights-Entry Closet' Status is Off

Then
        Run Program 'Front Motion Detected-2' (Then Path)

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')