Low Battery message in log file

jca001

It has been a while since I connected to my ISY to check things. I noticed the low battery for one my MS is on. It seems to be still functioning fine, but I would like to know when the status changed.

I quickly looked at the log file, but I did not really know what to look for and it goes all the 02-15-2010.

So I need to know what key word to search for so I can find the message and know how long the battery has been low.

I plan to add a program to send me an email when a MS get a low battery indication but I have been waiting to see the status first.

Hello Mr. Allen,

Long time no see.

All you have to look for is the name of the node associated with your Motion Sensor Low Battery and status of 100%. If you use Excel, you can simply filter everything out by name.

With kind regards,

Michel

It has been a while since I connected to my ISY to check things. I noticed the low battery for one my MS is on. It seems to be still functioning fine, but I would like to know when the status changed.

I quickly looked at the log file, but I did not really know what to look for and it goes all the 02-15-2010.

So I need to know what key word to search for so I can find the message and know how long the battery has been low.

I plan to add a program to send me an email when a MS get a low battery indication but I have been waiting to see the status first.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I found it and it first showed up in March. As I said it is still working, but I will change the battery real soon. I believe the MS has been in service since last September and sees a lot of activity because it is in the Living Room and covers hall and the front door. So any time someone walks in the hall or goes in and out the front door it sees motion.

Another question:

What should I use in my program if statement, Control or Status?

Mr. Allen,

First off, when you replace the battery you MUST do a query on the low bat node to have ISY reset that status.

You can use either status or control since when the low bat signal is sent, it does NOT change till you change the battery and query the low bat node.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks for the quick reply.

I found it and it first showed up in March. As I said it is still working, but I will change the battery real soon. I believe the MS has been in service since last September and sees a lot of activity because it is in the Living Room and covers hall and the front door. So any time someone walks in the hall or goes in and out the front door it sees motion.

Another question:

What should I use in my program if statement, Control or Status?

Archived