How to trigger KASA scenes?

Go to solution Solved by Jimbo.Automates,

They control 5 KASA lamps.  I can see the lamps, but connected says false for eaach lamp, however I can pretty much control each lamp with the "color, hue, etc settings below and turn them individually on and off and see the status.  But how to trigger previously saved KASA scenes from the KASA controller?    The KASA controller says "connected" but nothing else is on the page.

Is there any hope for future support?  Please consider this a feature request.  Part of my KASA install (a small part of my overall installation, but growing, because the devices are inexpensive on Amazon) consists of five color bulbs on a ceiling track.  All in the same room.  I have KASA scenes to control color/brightness of all five together, currently via Alexa or the smart phone KASA app, but would like to have some UDI control.  The control of the individual bulbs (and a couple of their plug-in outlets) you have provided works nicely.

Thanks

I'm not sure it's possible, I'd have to look. As mentioned in the documentation, there is no official API for Kasa devices, a bunch of smart people have reverse engineered the communication and released a library that I reference. The communication can change at any time and break that library, and in fact new devices use different methods, so they have been releasing changes to their library to try and keep up. I plan to update the plugin to the new version of this library now that it seems to have stabilized.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1